Table of Contents
- 1 Top 3 Recommended Best Electric Nebulisers
- 2 How Does the Best Nebuliser Work?
- 3 How Do You Choose the Best Nebuliser?
- 4 Recommended Nebulisers
How do you choose the best nebuliser in 2024? Which is the best aerosol machine fitted to your needs and what functions and features should it have? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
When it comes to health it’s normal to always want the best possible treatment. That is, treatment in the most effective form, with an easy method of administration that is effective, quick and safe and has the lowest risk of adverse effects.
A medical device that gives you all these benefits is the nebuliser or aerosol machine, so we recommend that you choose the best nebuliser.
Generically called nebuliser, the aerosol machine is one of the most appreciated and most effective medical devices. Recommended for treating respiratory diseases as well as those entering the ENT sphere, the nebuliser is a machine capable of converting liquid medication into fine particles that can be easily inhaled.
We are aware that when looking for such a device you have a pressing need, but we do not advise you to make a hasty choice. Your health or your family is at stake, so consider all the details below to choose the best nebuliser. First of all, you need to understand how such a device works.
Top 3 Recommended Best Electric Nebulisers
How Does the Best Nebuliser Work?
As I mentioned, the aerosol dispenser converts liquid medicine into fine particles, now having a nearly gaseous consistency that is very easy to inhale.
It is medically proven that active substances administered in the form of vapours are much more effective and safer than if they were administered in another form, injectable or oral.
Among the advantages of aerosols are the increased efficacy justified by the local action of the active substance. Typically, a drug administered orally, first passes through the digestive system, then into the blood, then reaches the area to be treated.
Intramuscular or intravenous injection medication still has plenty to cross, in addition it is much more uncomfortable. Aerosols, however, have the ability to act immediately on the diseased area, reaching directly into the throat and the lungs by inhalation.
Also due to local action, the risk of systemic side effects is null. In addition, the medicine does not lose its properties on the way but acts immediately on the area that needs to be treated.
Patients suffering from respiratory illnesses, such as asthma and small seasonal colds, are aware of the need for rapid and effective drug action, so investing in a nebuliser is always beneficial.
How Do You Choose the Best Nebuliser?
Companies producing such aerosol machines have launched several models that vary greatly in price and quality. Although it is an effective medical device, not all nebulisers are very good.
Without a set of minimum information on the qualities and the main specifications of such a product, you will not be able to make the best choice, and it will take you more time to make a decision.
Coming to meet your needs, we’ve prepared a shopping guide that contains all the important aspects you need to check before you buy a nebuliser, especially if you want to buy one online.
In your choice, consider the following important aspects:
Types of Nebulisers
Nebulisers are designed to produce artificial aerosols. You will notice that there are nebulisers that use different operating principles. So, here are the main types below.
The mechanical nebuliser is not one of the most recommended options. The operating principle of this type of nebuliser consists of a manual propulsion system, which will cause an internal pressure sufficiently large for the conversion of vaporous liquids.
The reason why it is not a recommended model is the low efficiency of the active substance, which reaches 10% in the body, the rest being lost in the device. It’s not an economic option, because medicines cost and you want to get the most out of your treatment.
Generically named atomizer, the nebuliser with compressor is part of the electric aerosol machine. The compression system works using of a piston that compresses the contents of the liquid and drug reservoir at a very high speed.
Following this process, the drug product, or oxygen, comes out through a tube in vapour form that is ready to be inhaled. It is a cost-effective and quite efficient option.
However, the volume and weight of such a device is rather awkward and the noise produced up to 60 dB can disturb most patients.
Also check that this nebuliser model is equipped with special steel valves to ensure a long service life.
It uses a more modern operating principle. A piezoelectric crystal is vibrating causing ultra sounds, powerful enough to convert the liquid substance into fine particles that can be inhaled smoothly.
The main advantage of such a device is portability. It’s small in size and is lightweight because it does not incorporate a compression system. In addition, it is much quieter than a compressor aerosol dispenser.
There is, however, the risk of overheating of the medicines, and the active substance may not be completely released, much of which remains in the device. This is why you will need to pay more attention to cleaning and maintenance of the appliance.
Vibrating nebuliser (mesh nebuliser)
It uses a membrane with vibrating perforations, causing extremely fine vapour formation. It is the most advanced technology at the moment and the most advantageous in terms of performance and durability.
It uses the medicine at full capacity without losing the device components, and the size of the nebuliser is small, pretable for easy handling and transport. It is also very silent. All these advantages come with a price, this variant being the most expensive on the market.
Volume of the Liquid Container
Any nebuliser has a liquid reservoir, a reservoir that will store the drug in liquid form that will later be transformed into vapour. It must be quite large.
Of course, the medication prescribed by the physician also matters, but it is generally good to have the volume of the reservoir as high as possible, usually between 5 and 10 ml. This value also indicates the amount of single-use vaporisable substance, and you will often find patterns that use special ampoules for drug dosing.
A large volume to consider is the amount of residual product. It is very likely that part of the product never gets inhaled, regardless of the nebuliser model, the drug losing inside the device.
Most manufacturers indicate this volume in the product description, so you have the choice of the best nebuliser that has a residual volume below 0.7 ml.
It refers to the value of the pressurized air flow rate determining the vaporization rate. The best nebuliser has a nebuliser flow as high as possible. Most have a flow rate of 6 l / minute / 1.0 bar, a fairly high value for most substances.
However, if you need to vaporize substances with a slightly higher viscosity, you will need a flow rate of 9 l / min / 1.0 bar pressure. The rate or nebulisation rate should be at least 0.35 ml / min.
Also, opt for a nebuliser that will produce as light as possible active substance particles, which should not exceed a few microns, so that inhalation is not inconvenient and has the highest depth.
There are models that can be plugged in, or can work with batteries. Both methods are just as effective. A cable supply model is dependent on a power source, so you can use it only at home in certain places.
Battery models are more portable. A rechargeable battery model allows you to use it anywhere, but always check that the battery is fully charged because you do not want to interrupt a drug administration session, or you can not manage it at all when you need it urgently.
For classic batteries, make sure you always have at hand an extra set of batteries.
Being a rather complex medical device, a nebuliser needs proper maintenance. Choose a model that is as easy to clean as possible. Hygiene rules are very important, and the tank, nose, mouth and mask parts must be washed with a special solution after each use and then left to dry.
In the case of a compressor nebuliser, there are some parts that need to be replaced periodically, such as the medication container that wears out and should be changed every 6 months.
Also, for most devices, the internal filter must be changed every 3 months. There are, however, more expensive models that offer you washable, non-replaceable filters.
Unfortunately, there are many so-called companies that put counterfeit nebulisers on the market. These aerosol machines, in addition to being ineffective, can also be dangerous.
That is why you need to check that the nebuliser you intend to buy is certified as a medical device under Directive 93/42 / EEC. If you have any doubt, the offer or the shop seems dubious, do not buy that nebuliser.
Which Accessories Should the Best Nebuliser Have?
- Children’s mask – adapted to the size and proportions of a child’s face, this special mask allows for easy drug administration, even when the baby is asleep.
- Adult mask – an accessory that attaches elastically, including the mouth and nose, to make the inhalation safer and easier.
- Mouthpiece – some drugs should be inhaled on the mouth, so a special device for oral inhalation is required.
- Nose Device – For medications that require an in-depth effect on the lungs, this nose device will ensure proper inhalation.
- Tube – is the accessory that connects the appliance itself with the face mask to the other devices.
Taking into account the above tips, analysing the available offer and buyer feedback, we can recommend below a few models of aerosol dispensers that offer excellent value for money.
- MADE IN ITALY; 2-in-1 solution: efficient medication deposition in the lungs combined with the nasal shower provides relief for many respiratory symptoms and diseases, helping you breathe freely year-round
- Preventative treatment: the nasal shower cleans the nasal cavity to eliminate possible germs and allergens while simultaneously relieving symptoms that often accompany the common cold and allergies
- Efficient medication deposition: the nebuliser delivers medication to the lungs to efficiently treat lower airways conditions such as bronchitis, bronchiolitis and asthma as well as a simple cough
- Cutting-Edge Compressed Air Technology: Our powerful compressor and compressed air technology create an abundance of small particles, ensuring a comfortable inhalation experience. With particles measuring less than 5μm, they penetrate deep into the lungs, making breathing easier and more effective, especially for children and those with chronic conditions.
- High-Performance Nebulization: Achieving an impressive atomization rate of approximately 0.3 ml/min, this nebulizer precisely targets affected areas, offering relief from sinusitis, bronchitis, colds, asthma, and more. The machine operates consistently, delivering drugs efficiently with excellent clinical results and zero side effects.
- Built for Continuous Use: Designed to withstand continuous use in a home environment, it's perfect for those needing multiple daily sessions. Boasting a low failure rate and a long service life, you can rely on its durability.
- Lightweight, compact design.
- Single button operation.
- Masks for both children and adults with carry case.
- 𝐀𝐝𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐞𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲：With an impressive nebulization speed exceeding 0.2ml/min,inhaler nebuliser produces ultra-fine particles measuring no more than 3.5μm,providing swift relief for breathing problems,sinus,cold and flu.At the same time, there is very little residue, reducing nebuliser solution waste.
- 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞&𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞: Designed with convenience in mind,the hand held nebuliser offers the flexibility to operate with either batteries or USB connection.Whether you're at home, on vacation, or at work,you can experience the freedom of nebulization.
- 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞: The nebuliser machine is designed to cater to the needs of every age group.From adults seeking efficiency to children requiring a comforting experience and the elderly in need of ease-of-use, our portable nebuliser caters to the diverse needs of all users.
- Compressed Air Technology - The nebuliser machine CN680 has a robust design and long life compressor to enable frequent use, so is particularly beneficial for people who require use several times per day.
- Short Inhalation Time - With a high conversion rate of 0.2ml/min, the CN680 nebulizer can achieve a fast delivery, and hence shorter use time, so that you get faster relief.
- High Efficiency - Thanks to its powerful compressor, the device reduces wastage when breathing out, and optimizes availability when breathing in. This enables to be deposited and hence higher efficacy.
- MEDICINAL INHALATION: Nebulise liquid medication and inhale for effective home treatment of airway conditions such as colds, asthma and bronchitis
- FAST AND EFFECTIVE RELIEF: Delivers your medication directly to the site of illness resulting in reduced side-effects
- COMPRESSED AIR TECHNOLOGY: Performs a high nebulisation rate (0.3mlmin) for easier inhalation; great for chronic conditions and young children
- MADE IN ITALY; Friendly face: cute design helps your child to use their nebuliser and not be scared or resistant of their treatment
- Efficient lung deposition: powerful compressor helps to reduce nebulisation or treatment time and ensures effective use of medication
- Nebulisation therapy targeting the lower airways makes this compressor Nebuliser suitable for the home treatment of a range of conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, bronchiolitis or COPD
- Advanced Atomization Technology: Cinlinso Portable inhaler uses the latest mesh atomization technology to produce very fine particles (5±25%μm). The fine particles can enter the respiratory tract more easily, reduce inhalation time, and help to better absorb and penetrate, which is suitable for children and adults.
- Lightweight and Portable & Super Quiet: Our travel inhaler is compact and lightweight, convenient to carry, and suitable for daily use, whether you are at home, in the office, traveling, or in outdoor activities, you can use it anytime, anywhere, to bring you a fresh and comfortable breathing experience. The noise of our portable inhalators is lower than 30 dB, which is quieter than the noise of the traditional compressive inhaler(＞70 dB), allowing you to have a better atomization experience.
- Intelligent Control & Easy to Use: Cinlinso atomizer is designed with two different atomization rate modes, designed to meet the needs of different users. The powerful mode is suitable for adults, with the characteristics of a large amount of mist and fast absorption, helping users save time efficiently. For children, we specially designed a soothing weak mode to reduce pain and allow them to enjoy a more pleasant atomization experience. With one-button operation, convenient and easy to use.
Last update on 2024-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API