How to Choose the Best Laser Hair Removal Device
How do you choose the best IPL hair removal device? Which functions and features must the best laser hair removal machine have to suit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
Until now, hair removal was pure torture. Maybe you are remember your first wax hair removal session, and you certainly do not enjoy the elaborate hair removal technique, and razor blade hair removal is ineffective in the long run and is not good for the skin.
Moreover, some areas do not even allow you to treat them with wax. That’s why it’s absolutely natural to be tempted by permanent hair removal using an IPL hair removal device.
Find out how below how to choose the best IPL epilator.
Table of Contents
- 1 How Does an IPL Hair Removal Device Work?
- 2 Why Choose the Best IPL Hair Removal Device?
- 3 The Best IPL Hair Removal System: How to Choose
- 4 Recommended IPL Hair Removal Devices
How Does an IPL Hair Removal Device Work?
The Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) hair removal devices work on a fairly simple principle: very strong light is pulsed to the root of the hair follicle.
Once in contact with melanin, the natural pigment of skin and hair, the light turns into light energy that penetrates into the root of the hair “trickling” it that it is time to stop the regeneration process.
In this way, the hairs are primarily discoloured, and then the growth process will cease for quite a long period of time, therefore this technology is rather semi-permanent. The results will only be visible after several sessions, generally at least 3 or 4.
Why Choose the Best IPL Hair Removal Device?
Until recently, this technology was only available in professional body care salons at fairly high prices. Now you can enjoy the same results at home with minimal costs and extraordinary results.
Using the IPL is not painful in any way and does not pose a risk to the skin. Although it requires more sessions, the results are long lasting. This means that it will not be necessary to repeat the sessions after 3 days or after a month.
The best IPL hair removal device will serve you faithfully for years, proving in time the value of your investment. You can enjoy effective hair removal, sessions are free, painless, and you can do it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
The Best IPL Hair Removal System: How to Choose
Knowing it’s advantages is not enough to make a wise choice. Although they are highly appreciated and promoted, few know what the difference is between a good laser hair removal device and one that leaves it to be desired.
How can you tell if the price really reflects it’s performance, or how do you realize that the device you want to buy will really be effective?
In order to be able to choose the ideal IPL epilator, you need to have a set of information about all the specifications you have to follow. Information is not always easy to find, but we’ve prepared a shopping guide with all the information you need.
In your choice, consider the following important issues:
Skin and Hair Colour
Unfortunately, not all people can use an IPL hair remover. Light-based technology is influenced by skin and hair colour.
Because technology depends on the level in which melanin can absorb light, it will not be effective for very light, white or blonde hair because it does not have enough melanin.
Also, if you have a dark skin tone or have just sunbathed, the technology will not work.
In other cases, the IPL hair remover will be effective, but the effects will be visible at different periods. If you have a pale skin or a very light or medium hue and a dark hair colour, the results will appear after 2-3 sessions. The more lighter your hair colour is, the more sessions you will need to see the effects. However, take into consideration that it may never be effective.
Another important aspect that you need to keep in mind because of your health is that the IPL hair removal device does not just affect hair. Very intense light will also have an effect on acne, birthmarks, unsightly pigmentation of skin or broken blood vessels. In addition, your skin may be sensitive to treatment.
Therefore, it is important to consult your doctor before buying such a device, and once purchased, perform a test session and wait for a week to see if the skin has any adverse reaction.
Area of Use
While most IPL hair removers can be used on any area on the body or on the face, there are also some devices designed specifically for use on a particular area. These specialized devices work with greater intensity and efficiency on a particular area, such as the moustache area.
However, such a device is neither the most practical nor the most economical, so we recommend that you carefully consult the product description in order not to make an infarction based on an erroneous understanding.
The best laser hair removal device can be used successfully on all body areas, including the face.
Also, a home-based IPL hair removal device should be able to cover even more sensitive areas of the body such as the inguinal area, the axles, the chest, the abdomen or the moustache.
This unit may have special settings depending on the sensitivity of each area, so consult the instructions carefully before use.
Percentage of Efficiency
Even if you get rid of unwanted hair for a long time, you need to know that you will not get rid of all the hair on your body. This is the reality that you have to accept, and which the manufacturers assume.
The efficacy of unwanted hair removal in an IPL hair remover is 50-95%. In general, manufacturers will indicate an average of this level of efficiency in the product description.
The efficiency of the IPL epilator varies, as we have recalled, to the peculiarities of each person’s skin and hair colour, but it may also vary depending on the body area of hair removal. The highest percentages are recorded in the leg and groin area (90-95%), followed by the axles (80%), and the lowest efficacy was recorded on the face (50%).
Adjustment Options: Intensity or Speed
The best IPL hair remover should allow you access to as many adjustments as possible, in order to personalize your entire use process. The aspect that you can adjust most often is the intensity of the pulsating light or speed.
This will allow you to adjust the intensity of light according to the area you act on, as well as the particularities of your skin. You will use a higher intensity or speed if you have a darker skin colour or if your hair is lighter in colour.
It is always good to start at the first sessions with the lowest intensity, for reasons of prevention and not to create too much cutaneous shock. A good IPL hair remover has at least 5 levels of speed, but the best laser hair removal device has even 7 speeds or intensities that you can adjust by pressing buttons.
Number of Light Flashes
Any IPL hair removal device can offer a limited number of light flashes, after which it can no longer be used. Depending on this number, it will or may not be necessary to change the light-generating lamp at a certain time, which is an extra cost that we do not want.
The best laser hair removal device device has a number of flashes that exceeds 100,000, so do not buy a device if the flashes value is less than that threshold.
Autonomy and Power Supply
You can find both wired and wireless IPL hair removal devices on the market. The choice depends on your comfort.
A wired IPL epilator will certainly depend on connecting to a socket. So you will not want to use it in the absence of a power source, which may sometimes be uncomfortable. However, wired devices are as efficient as wireless, but are cheaper and easier to find.
The best IPL hair remover in terms of comfort is certainly the wireless one. For a slightly larger price, you can enjoy easier use, better handling and the ability to use it wherever you want. You will only be able to use it only it after you charge it in advance.
The IPL hair removal device’s autonomy is measured by the number of flashes it can execute until full discharge. An ideal IPL epilator has an autonomy that exceeds 250 flashes and can reach up to 400 flashes of maximum power autonomy.
Features and Accessories the Best IPL Hair Remover Should Have
- Light intensity adjustment – the intensity adjustments we discussed above are mandatory, and a good IPL hair removal will have at least 5 adjustment levels.
- The Glide function – it can be quite awkward and even stressful to perform individual pulses on each small area, especially because the device will not work on a wide radius. The Glide function, found in the best performing hair removers, allows you to set a continuous pulse flow. This way your work will be considerably reduced, just by gliding the device on the surface of your skin.
- UV filter – Although it is a painless procedure, a slight feeling of discomfort will still be caused because the root of the hair will eventually be burned. To prevent burns in the upper layer of the skin, the UV filter is absolutely necessary.
- Body Accessory – an action head that generally has the largest dimension, which is used to pulse light in larger amounts in body areas: legs, arms, and back.
- Face and sensitive areas accessory – another smaller action head for use on the face, groin or axles.
- Goggles – Some manufacturers also include special protective goggles to protect the eyes from the powerful light emitted by the device.
- The pouch – a special case for the correct storage of the appliance, and for its protection.
- Charger – special charging device for wireless IPL hair removal devices.
Price and Warranty
The IPL hair removal device rule is simple: the device is cheaper – his performance will be weaker. Choose to make a long-term investment and be ready to allocate a more generous budget. This is a way to enjoy the guarantee of a long-lasting operation.
However, like any other device, the IPL hair removal system may have small unexpected manufacturing defects. That’s why it’s a must come with a minimum warranty of 2 years.
Recommended IPL Hair Removal Devices
Taking into account the above criteria and recommendations, studying the current market offer and user reviews, we present you below some models of IPL Hair Removal Devices that offer excellent quality/price ratio.
- 👋【5 Adjustable Energy Level】For the fist time, recommend start from the level 1, step by step up,find the strength that suit you. The IPL hair removal system has five adjustable light energy settings to ensure a gentle yet effective treatment. You can adjust the level to the skin area and hair growth.
- 💎【Permanent Hair Removal】IPL Hair Removal uses professional IPL technology (Intense Pulsed Light), which acts directly on the hair root (non-interfering light source) and effectively prevents skin injury. It works by heating the hair follicle, concentrating the light energy at the root, absorbing melanin and inhibiting hair growth.
- 👓【Tailored and Safe】 A cutting edge skin tone sensor which continuously scans the skin tone and adjusts the light intensity. The ideal amount of light is delivered with every pulse for safe and effective use.
- ✅【Permanent & Painless Hair Removal】This UPGRADE IPL hair removal help you to achieve permanent hair removal and smooth skin through breaking the cycle of hair regrowth, It is very gentle, especially for first-time users or for treating sensitive areas, such as the face or bikini line.
- ✅【No Disposables Required】Fezax IPL hair removal device with 999,999 flashes, is the peak value ever. You will never need to buy a replacement cartridge for your hair removal device. It is a effective & permanent light hair removal device and a lifelong purchase.
- ✅【5 ENERGY LEVELS & 2 Flash Mode】It has 5 different energy levels to adapt different skin sensitivities. First time we suggest that start from level 1 to get used to the device and flashes. Two modes design can satisfy your demands on different hair removal parts.The MANUAL MODE is mainly used for small area hair removal, such as bikini line, armpit,fingers, lips; AUTO MODE can be used for large hair removal area, such as arms, legs, stomach and back.
- ❤️Permanent Hair Removal & Gentle and Painless: Bluesa Maamlly IPL hair removal device breaks the cycle of hair regrowth.It breaks the hair regeneration cycle and can permanently remove hair and make the skin smooth. With this IPL hair removal system, hair follicles begin to shrink and hair growth slows. After 8-12 weeks, hair is reduced by more than 75%, and it becomes significantly less and thinner within 12 weeks. deal with. After 12 weeks, you don't need regular treatment.
- ❤️UPGRADED 999,999 FLASHES: Bluesa Maamlly facial and full body laser hair removal has upgraded to 999,999 flashes enough for a lifelong time. You can take it anywhere and anytime to get the same hair removal effect as the beauty salon. Get rid of the shackles of the beauty salon, convenient carrying and beautiful price experience have become fashionable, saving your money and time is the purpose of our design this hair removal.
- ❤️5 ENERGY LEVELS & 2 FLASH MODES: This woman & man laser epilator has 5 different energy levels to accommodate different skin sensitivities. Two flash modes design can satisfy your demands on different hair removal parts. The flash mode is mainly used for small area hair removal, such as bikini line, fingers, lips; and the slide mode can be used for large hair removal area, such as arms, legs, chest, stomach and back.
- ✅ PAINLESS HAIR REMOVAL: Unlike excruciating epilating, waxing or plucking sessions, the no!no! Compact IPL uses revolutionary Intense Pulsed Light technology to painlessly remove hair. Suitable for your legs, underarms, bikini line, stomach and upper lip. Get the satin smooth skin you deserve, without the pain!
- ✅ REDUCE LONG-TERM HAIR REGROWTH: Frequent usage of the no!no! Compact IPL leads to finer hair and slower regrowth over time. Results are noticeable in as little as 4 weeks. No more time consuming, daily leg shaving sessions
- ✅ 7 INTENSITY LEVELS: While other IPL machines only have 4 or 5 levels that can't handle thick hair, the no!no! Compact IPL helps remove even the toughest hairs. The device has a long lasting cartridge capacity of 300,000 light flashes, 50% longer than other IPL devices
- 【Perfect At-home Solution】Designed for enjoying beauty care at home. Remove your unwanted hair safely and easily, by yourself. Compared to the costs of beauty salon hair removal treatment, it's time-saving and money-saving. WELTEAYO IPL laser hair remover - an ideal gift for yourself and your loved one
- 【Painless & Permanent Laser Hair Removal】 IPL Hair Removal adopts professional IPL technology (Intense Pulsed Light), which acts directly on the hair root, break the cycle of hair regrowth, effectively achieve permanent hair removal and skin rejuvenation after 8 weeks of usage. Intelligent ice-sensing mode greatly reduces the heat caused by the light flashing, achieve painlessly hair removal, perfect for first-time users
- 【5 Energy Levels Option】 There are 5 adjustable energy levels of this IPL hair removal device for different skin sensitivity. Choose the most comfortable energy setting (start from level 1) for your skin tone with the integrated skin sensor, ensure gentle yet effective treatment. Higher energy provides a more effective treatment. You can adjust the energy levels according to your skin area and hair growth every time
- Applying the technique of IPL and Bi-polar Radio Frequency, the equipment acts on the entire skin corium and connective tissue, stimulates the collagens of different depth to realign and grow, then gets treatment effect. Bio-polar RF release energy at the same time, with the selective absorption for the skin to light energy, various pathological tissues of corium and epidermis creates Photothermolysis effect. Since light energy is far below conventional IPL, the pigment tissue and vascular patho
Last update on 2020-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API