Table of Contents
- 1 How Does an IPL Hair Removal Device Work?
- 2 Why Choose the Best IPL Hair Removal Device?
- 3 The Best IPL Hair Removal System: How to Choose
- 4 Recommended IPL Hair Removal Devices
How do you choose the best Laser hair removal device? Which functions and features must the best laser hair removal machine have to suit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
Until now, hair removal was pure torture. Maybe you are remember your first wax hair removal session, and you certainly do not enjoy the elaborate hair removal technique, and razor blade hair removal is ineffective in the long run and is not good for the skin.
Moreover, some areas do not even allow you to treat them with wax. That’s why it’s absolutely natural to be tempted by permanent hair removal using an IPL hair removal device.
Find out how below how to choose the best IPL epilator.
How Does an IPL Hair Removal Device Work?
The Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) hair removal devices work on a fairly simple principle: very strong light is pulsed to the root of the hair follicle.
Once in contact with melanin, the natural pigment of skin and hair, the light turns into light energy that penetrates into the root of the hair “trickling” it that it is time to stop the regeneration process.
In this way, the hairs are primarily discoloured, and then the growth process will cease for quite a long period of time, therefore this technology is rather semi-permanent. The results will only be visible after several sessions, generally at least 3 or 4.
Why Choose the Best IPL Hair Removal Device?
Until recently, this technology was only available in professional body care salons at fairly high prices. Now you can enjoy the same results at home with minimal costs and extraordinary results.
Using the IPL is not painful in any way and does not pose a risk to the skin. Although it requires more sessions, the results are long lasting. This means that it will not be necessary to repeat the sessions after 3 days or after a month.
The best IPL hair removal device will serve you faithfully for years, proving in time the value of your investment. You can enjoy effective hair removal, sessions are free, painless, and you can do it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
The Best IPL Hair Removal System: How to Choose
Knowing it’s advantages is not enough to make a wise choice. Although they are highly appreciated and promoted, few know what the difference is between a good laser hair removal device and one that leaves it to be desired.
How can you tell if the price really reflects it’s performance, or how do you realize that the device you want to buy will really be effective?
In order to be able to choose the ideal IPL epilator, you need to have a set of information about all the specifications you have to follow. Information is not always easy to find, but we’ve prepared a shopping guide with all the information you need.
In your choice, consider the following important issues:
Skin and Hair Colour
Unfortunately, not all people can use an IPL hair remover. Light-based technology is influenced by skin and hair colour.
Because technology depends on the level in which melanin can absorb light, it will not be effective for very light, white or blonde hair because it does not have enough melanin.
Also, if you have a dark skin tone or have just sunbathed, the technology will not work.
In other cases, the IPL hair remover will be effective, but the effects will be visible at different periods. If you have a pale skin or a very light or medium hue and a dark hair colour, the results will appear after 2-3 sessions. The more lighter your hair colour is, the more sessions you will need to see the effects. However, take into consideration that it may never be effective.
Another important aspect that you need to keep in mind because of your health is that the IPL hair removal device does not just affect hair. Very intense light will also have an effect on acne, birthmarks, unsightly pigmentation of skin or broken blood vessels. In addition, your skin may be sensitive to treatment.
Therefore, it is important to consult your doctor before buying such a device, and once purchased, perform a test session and wait for a week to see if the skin has any adverse reaction.
Area of Use
While most IPL hair removers can be used on any area on the body or on the face, there are also some devices designed specifically for use on a particular area. These specialized devices work with greater intensity and efficiency on a particular area, such as the moustache area.
However, such a device is neither the most practical nor the most economical, so we recommend that you carefully consult the product description in order not to make an infarction based on an erroneous understanding.
The best laser hair removal device can be used successfully on all body areas, including the face.
Also, a home-based IPL hair removal device should be able to cover even more sensitive areas of the body such as the inguinal area, the axles, the chest, the abdomen or the moustache.
This unit may have special settings depending on the sensitivity of each area, so consult the instructions carefully before use.
Percentage of Efficiency
Even if you get rid of unwanted hair for a long time, you need to know that you will not get rid of all the hair on your body. This is the reality that you have to accept, and which the manufacturers assume.
The efficacy of unwanted hair removal in an IPL hair remover is 50-95%. In general, manufacturers will indicate an average of this level of efficiency in the product description.
The efficiency of the IPL epilator varies, as we have recalled, to the peculiarities of each person’s skin and hair colour, but it may also vary depending on the body area of hair removal. The highest percentages are recorded in the leg and groin area (90-95%), followed by the axles (80%), and the lowest efficacy was recorded on the face (50%).
Adjustment Options: Intensity or Speed
The best IPL hair remover should allow you access to as many adjustments as possible, in order to personalize your entire use process. The aspect that you can adjust most often is the intensity of the pulsating light or speed.
This will allow you to adjust the intensity of light according to the area you act on, as well as the particularities of your skin. You will use a higher intensity or speed if you have a darker skin colour or if your hair is lighter in colour.
It is always good to start at the first sessions with the lowest intensity, for reasons of prevention and not to create too much cutaneous shock. A good IPL hair remover has at least 5 levels of speed, but the best laser hair removal device has even 7 speeds or intensities that you can adjust by pressing buttons.
Number of Light Flashes
Any IPL hair removal device can offer a limited number of light flashes, after which it can no longer be used. Depending on this number, it will or may not be necessary to change the light-generating lamp at a certain time, which is an extra cost that we do not want.
The best laser hair removal device device has a number of flashes that exceeds 100,000, so do not buy a device if the flashes value is less than that threshold.
Autonomy and Power Supply
You can find both wired and wireless IPL hair removal devices on the market. The choice depends on your comfort.
A wired IPL epilator will certainly depend on connecting to a socket. So you will not want to use it in the absence of a power source, which may sometimes be uncomfortable. However, wired devices are as efficient as wireless, but are cheaper and easier to find.
The best IPL hair remover in terms of comfort is certainly the wireless one. For a slightly larger price, you can enjoy easier use, better handling and the ability to use it wherever you want. You will only be able to use it only it after you charge it in advance.
The IPL hair removal device’s autonomy is measured by the number of flashes it can execute until full discharge. An ideal IPL epilator has an autonomy that exceeds 250 flashes and can reach up to 400 flashes of maximum power autonomy.
Features and Accessories the Best IPL Hair Remover Should Have
- Light intensity adjustment – the intensity adjustments we discussed above are mandatory, and a good IPL hair removal will have at least 5 adjustment levels.
- The Glide function – it can be quite awkward and even stressful to perform individual pulses on each small area, especially because the device will not work on a wide radius. The Glide function, found in the best performing hair removers, allows you to set a continuous pulse flow. This way your work will be considerably reduced, just by gliding the device on the surface of your skin.
- UV filter – Although it is a painless procedure, a slight feeling of discomfort will still be caused because the root of the hair will eventually be burned. To prevent burns in the upper layer of the skin, the UV filter is absolutely necessary.
- Body Accessory – an action head that generally has the largest dimension, which is used to pulse light in larger amounts in body areas: legs, arms, and back.
- Face and sensitive areas accessory – another smaller action head for use on the face, groin or axles.
- Goggles – Some manufacturers also include special protective goggles to protect the eyes from the powerful light emitted by the device.
- The pouch – a special case for the correct storage of the appliance, and for its protection.
- Charger – special charging device for wireless IPL hair removal devices.
Price and Warranty
The IPL hair removal device rule is simple: the device is cheaper – his performance will be weaker. Choose to make a long-term investment and be ready to allocate a more generous budget. This is a way to enjoy the guarantee of a long-lasting operation.
However, like any other device, the IPL hair removal system may have small unexpected manufacturing defects. That’s why it’s a must come with a minimum warranty of 2 years.
Recommended IPL Hair Removal Devices
Taking into account the above criteria and recommendations, studying the current market offer and user reviews, we present you below some models of IPL Hair Removal Devices that offer excellent quality/price ratio.
- ❄️【𝗔𝗗𝗩𝗔𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗗 𝗗𝗨𝗔𝗟 𝗜𝗖𝗘-𝗖𝗢𝗢𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗣𝗔𝗡𝗘𝗟𝗦】Unlike those IPL hair removal devices that only have one single cooling panel (10-15°), AMIINZER laser hair removal has a dual ice-cooling panels which could cool down the targeted skin area to 5-10°C. The contact area is larger, thus it could reduce the sensation of burning and irritation and ensure a painless hair removal process. (Hint: The flash window will not emit light in cooling mode.)
- ❄️【𝟲𝟬𝟬𝗡𝗠 𝗥𝗘𝗗 𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗚𝗧𝗛】Some short wavelength IPL devices, like 450/500/560nm, may fail to reach the follicles, as the light energy will be absorbed by the epidermis directly. Our painless hair remover device features a 𝟲𝟬𝟬𝗻𝗺-𝟭𝟮𝟬𝟬𝗻𝗺 wavelength, which could be absorbed by the melanin preferentially, converting the light energy into heat to destroy the follicle. Get rid of unwanted hair more safely and effectively.
- ❄️【𝗨𝗣𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗗 𝗜𝗣𝗟 𝗧𝗘𝗖𝗛𝗡𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗬】The light emitted by the hair removal machine targets the pigment in the hair follicle, breaking the cycle of hair growth and disabling the hair follicle to prevent regrowth. It is an ideal hair removal tool for both women and men to remove the hair on armpits, back, arms, chests and legs. The at-home hair removal device has 𝗨𝗻𝗹𝗶𝗺𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗙𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗲𝘀 𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲𝘀, enough for the lifelong use by the whole family.
- 🌟【600NM Long Red Light】Studies have shown that light waves below 600NM are more readily absorbed by the skin rather than the hair follicle. Our laser hair removal device use 600-1200NM light waves to effectively reduce unwanted pain and improve hair removal results by more than 30%.
- 🌟【Upgraded 3-in-1 & 2 Modes】IPL Hair Removal System has three upgraded functions: HR/SC/RA, which is enough to meet the basic daily use needs without going to the beauty salon. Auto and manual modes also allow the laser hair removal system epilator to adapt to different parts of the body.
- 🌟【Max 18J & 9 Energy Level】 LUBEX Laser Hair Removal Device has nine energy levels to easily solve different types of sensitive skin problems. You can use different energy levels on different parts of your body according to your tolerance level. Maximum 18J can be used, which is enough to effectively remove hair from all areas.
- ❄️【𝟱° 𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗜𝗰𝗲 𝗖𝗼𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴】Equipped with a powerful ice cooling system, the IPL hair removal device could cools the hair removal area to 5-10° during the operation. You will enjoy a painless and comfortable hair removal experience without the risk of burns.
- ☃️【𝗨𝗽𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝟵 𝗘𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗴𝘆 𝗟𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝘀】Designed with 9 different energy intensities, the LUBEX professional hair removal machine can be adjusted to match your skin tone and target specific body parts for the most effective results. Efficiently remove hair from the root.
- ❄️【𝟯-𝗜𝗡-𝟭 𝗙𝘂𝗻𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀】The 3-in-1 laser hair removal device features hair remover(HR), SC, RA functions to meet your various beauty needs. Additionally, the automatic mode emits continuous light over large areas such as arms, legs and back; while the manual mode is for more precise areas such as bikini lines, armpits and lips.
- 【Upgraded 3-in-1】Discover a revolutionary skincare experience with an IPL device for painless hair removal, skin rejuvenation and acne treatment for a comprehensive range of care. Glattol IPL device can cater to your various need, taking your skincare routine to the next level.
- 【Personalised Your Treatments】Your comfort is paramount, and our IPL hair removal device offers 9 adjustable energy levels (Max 17.6J) so you can tailor each treatment to your unique preferences. Everyone has different sensitivities, so start with level 1 the first time you use it.
- 【Faster Hair Removal】Our laser hair removal devices have a 5c㎡ flash window to optimise your precious time and ensure fast treatment with full coverage of every part of your body. With amazing 999,900 flashes, replacement is no longer a concern.
- Proven effectiveness: Philips Lumea IPL prevents hair growth to enjoy 12 months of hair-free smooth skin*, and up to 92% hair reduction in as little as 3 treatments**
- Fast Treatment: Every 2 weeks to get started, then just once a month — that's half as many treatments as other brands, covering both lower legs takes 15 minutes
- No goggles needed: The Skin Contact Sensors for eye protection prevent unintentional flashing while our unique attachments are designed for optimal skin contact
- 【3-in-1 IPL Hair Removal Device】Combining hair removal(HR), skin rejuvenation(SC) and acne removal(RA), this at-home laser hair removal device is a very worthwhile investment for those who care deeply about their skin. You can have your skin treated immediately after hair removal. Enjoy a salon-style experience at home for less time and expense at the salon.
- 【Painless IPL Hair Removal】Unlike those pailful hair removal tools that hurt your skin, this IPL hair removal device adopts upgraded IPL technology that delivers light deep into the skin to destroy the hair follicle and inhibit hair regrowth. Say goodbye to unwanted hair on your face, lip, armpits, arms, bikini line, thighs, lower legs.
- 【Long-Lasting Result After 8 Weeks】With this laser hair removal device, you can see the difference after 4 weeks and get silky smooth result after 8 weeks. Auto and manual flash modes also help you to remove hair more precisely. With the auto mode, the hair removal device can automatically deliver the flash so you don't have to press the flash button with every movement.
Last update on 2024-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API