How to Choose the Best Top Loading Washing Machine
How do you choose the best top loading washing machine? Which is the best top loading washing machine machine fitted to your needs and what functions and features should it have? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
At the moment, choosing a top loading washing machine is not a common thing. And it’s normal to be like that. No one makes them commercials on TV and very few people know that such models of washing machines still exist.
Fortunately, top or “vertical” loading washing machines are still being manufactured, moreover, some models have even higher performances than the front-loading washing machines we are accustomed to.
The main advantage of such a machine is space saving, but only if you manage to choose the best top loading washing machine.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Choose the Best Top Loading Washing Machine?
- 2 How to Choose the Best Top Loading Washing Machine
- 3 Recommended Top Loading Washing Machines
Why Choose the Best Top Loading Washing Machine?
A top loading washing machine has several advantages that you need to be aware of.
Compared to a front-loading washing machine, it has a much higher centrifugal power. This makes possible a very efficient washing of your laundry, and you no longer have to worry about the detergent not acting on each garment.
Another important advantage is the efficiency of laundry rinsing. The water is removed during the final rinse, after which the laundry passes through a final spin cycle that reduces excess water, so the clothes will be easier to dry.
Other notable advantages are:
- Load capacity is higher than with a front load. This saves you a lot of time because it saves you from planning and managing your clothes before putting them in the washing machine.
- The lid can be opened at any time, even when the washing cycle is activated. This is not possible in the case of a vertical load washing machine. So if you forgot to put a garment on the wash, you can enter it at any time.
- Removal of stains is easier and washing cycles are generally shorter.
- It cleans and diffuses much better. In the case of front-end washing machines, it often happens that moist residues remain unpleasant. However, the vertical loader does not encounter this problem because of the format and the very efficient ventilation system.
- In general, the control panel is minimalist and very simple to use, so it’s also a good option for the elderly.
- Water consumption is lower compared to the more popular model.
How to Choose the Best Top Loading Washing Machine
Now that I have listed some of the advantages and the opportunity to purchase a top loading washing machine sits well with you, you have to know that in order to make the ideal choice you need to know some basic features that the washing machine should have.
You do not need a simple washing machine but the best, more, you need the best washing machine for your family and home. You should therefore consider aspects such as energy consumption, load capacity, dimensions, etc.
To make your choice easier, we’ve gathered in this article all the information you need to consult, making a shopping guide to guarantee your success.
So, in making your choice, take into account the following important aspects:
The Size of the Washing Machine
The size or volume of a top load washing machine is lower than that of the front-loading machines. That means it’s the perfect washing machine for you if you do not have a spacious home, or you just want to save as much space as you can.
However, you should still consider the space where you will place it. Like any other washing machine, it must be connected to the water and sewage system. Once set up, you can choose a machine with a volume that suits your needs best.
It is also preferable not to mount it yourself because, even if it is not difficult to install, you can run a flood, so always call a plumber.
The capacity of the washbasin varies between 4 kg and 12 kg. Clearly, a washing machine with a higher load capacity is automatically more expensive. In order not to waste resources, choose the capacity according to how large your family is.
If more than 4 people live in your home then the best choice is a washing machine that exceeds 7 kg. This will save you time and resources with the ability to load more clothes in one wash cycle.
On the other hand, if you live alone or just another person, a lower-capacity top loader is ideal for you.
Otherwise, you will notice that the investment was not wise because you will wash less laundry in one cycle, but you will consume more resources than you actually need.
Both water and electricity consumption should be especially important when purchasing an electrical appliance, especially when you buy one of the size of a washing machine. You should consider how often you use your washing machine.
If your family is a large one, especially if you have small children, you will need to wash your laundry more than three times a week. In this case, water and energy consumption should be reduced as much as possible to avoid further costs that could have been avoided from the start.
So always choose a washing machine with energy class A or higher: A +, A ++, A +++. The higher the number of stars, the less electricity and water the machine will consume.
Post-wash centrifuge is a very useful function because it dries clothes very well, making them easier to dry. Logically, the faster the rotational speed, the better the drier the clothes will be.
However, for some fabrics, a high spin speed is not necessarily desirable. More sensitive materials such as wool, for example, can easily be damaged if centrifuged at high speeds.
The maximum rotational speed available on a performance washing machine is 1600. The good part is that you can set this speed starting at 200 rpm so that the fabrics are not damaged.
Also, spinning at a very high speed will shorten the engine’s lifetime.
Noise is an important aspect for your comfort and your family. Of course, you want a washing machine that produces as little noise as possible. You can figure out the noise level it will emit by consulting the product description.
At the noise level index, the best top loading washing machine must have a value of less than 70 dB.
As with any home appliance, the best top loading washing machine should come with a minimum warranty of 2 years.
However, as there may be problems with the manufacturing and the quality of the user-independent materials and after the expiration of this deadline, we recommend that you extend the warranty period if this option is available.
Which features and programs should the best top loading washing machine have?
- Automatic laundry detection – High performance washing machines come with a very practical function that weighs the amount of laundry and automatically sets the optimal amount of water and electricity it will consume.
- Delicate Laundry Washing Program – a preset program with a lower spin speed to prevent tangled and stretch delicate laundry.
- Quick wash program – is ideal when laundry is not very dirty, and you want to save as much time as possible.
- Special fabric program – you’ll find a special program for wool, cotton or silk clothes, but also for synthetic, white, black or colored clothes.
- Baby Clothes Program – If you are a fresh parent, you will appreciate a washing machine that has a special program for the excellent cleansing of baby clothes.
- Anti-allergy program – another special wash program that is ideal for people suffering from allergies or respiratory conditions such as asthma.
- Cold water wash program – Some fabrics can only be washed with cold water, so it is a good idea for the washing machine to have this special feature that will allow you to do this.
Even if a washing machine with many functions and options allows you to personalize your washing as efficiently as possible, it is not advisable to choose a model with a very complex control panel. This is because it will take a long time to make all your settings so you are satisfied with the quality of your washing.
Furthermore, some accidentally incorrect settings can significantly damage your laundry. For this reason, it is best to choose a model with a very simple control panel, that still has the basic functions.
Recommended Top Loading Washing Machines
Taking into account the above advice, analyzing the available offer and buyer feedback, we can recommend below a few models of top loading washing machines that offer excellent value for money.
- AEG l71272tl. Design of: counter-top
- Loading type: Top Load
- Colour of product: White. Drum Capacity: 7 kg
- Energy Consumption-153 kWh
- Energy Rating-A+++
- Delay timer
- Spin cycle control
- Extra rinse option
- 【Space Saving for Widely Use】Ideal for small loads and delicate. Light weight and easily moveable. Also the wash motor is powerful. 300w washing power & 110w spinner power will help you powerful use the item. As for a portable washing machine, this washing machine will be ideal for dorms, apartments, condos, hotel, camping and more.
- 【Easy to Operate and Clean】Have a filter net on the side of the washing barrel, which can easily storage the dirty when washing, and you could easily pull it off when cleaning the tube. Have a cover plate when you use the spin tube, can easily put above the cloths and avoid the high speed throw away. Easy assemble is required with all hardware packed in the package.
- 【Large Capacity with Twin Tub】Washing tube: place clothing in the wash tub section, rated washing capacity: 5kg. Run the rinse cycle for the desired minutes, Rated spinner dryer capacity: 3kg (About half of the washing capacity, you may spin twice). Then you could Take clothing out of the extractor and hang them up to complete drying.
- 6 month Commercial parts & labour warranty from Maytag
- You get a fantastic 15kg capacity
- Ideal for sheets, table cloths, bedding and other oversized items as well as lots of normal sized items
Last update on 2020-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API