How to Choose the best Facial Cleansing Brush
How do you choose the best electric facial cleansing brush? What features and functions should the best facial cleansing brush have to fit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
These days, we are all aware of the impact of a tidy face in establishing relationships with others.
Being the first criterion for setting a first impression, it’s natural to want your skin to recommend you as well as having a healthy, clean look.
If you are aware of this necessity, you are certainly already trying to find an effective solution for the care of your skin. This solution could even be a facial brush or a skin cleanser.
Introduced on the market for several years, this device has revolutionized the way we care for the skin on our face.
So how do you choose the best facial skin cleanser?
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Why Choose a Facial Cleansing Brush?
- 0.2 How Do You Choose the Best Facial Cleansing Brush?
- 0.3 The Type of Facial Cleansing Brush
- 0.4 Speed Settings
- 0.5 Power Source
- 0.6 Accessories
- 0.7 Brush Material
- 0.8 Number of Oscillations
- 0.9 Dimensions and Ergonomics
- 0.10 Which Accessories and Functions Should the Best Facial Cleansing Brush Have?
- 0.11 Warranty
- 1 Recommended Facial Cleansing Brushes
Why Choose a Facial Cleansing Brush?
Of course the classic skin care method can be effective. But using such a device makes your work a lot easier, the process is faster, and the results are more visible.
In addition, it is desirable to invest in something that will give you an enviable skin. Some benefits of the facial skin cleansing brush are:
- Speed – the skin care routine takes much less time using such a device.
- Efficiency – has proven more effective in treating skin imperfections than by applying manual care products.
- Massage – stimulates blood circulation through gentle facial massage.
- Cream Absorption – when you use it to apply facial cream, it absorbs faster and better.
How Do You Choose the Best Facial Cleansing Brush?
A facial skin cleanser is not a very complex device, but a bad choice, depending on the type of skin, can cause rather unpleasant consequences. If you are not properly educated about what to do and how such a device operates, your investment would be unfortunate because you will not be able to use the device.
Being a device recently introduced on the market, you need a set of information before purchasing. So here’s a shopping guide with all the information you need to choose an efficient and risk-free facial cleansing device for your skin.
Making your choice, take into account the following important information.
The Type of Facial Cleansing Brush
Depending on how it works, a facial cleansing brush can be classified into several categories:
- Manual Cleansing Brush – It sounds weird to talk about a hand brush, but some do not come with electric support. They are recommended for sensitive skin types or acne skin because they allow you to control the level of hardness they exert on the skin.
- Electric Cleansing Brush – The best facial cleanser is electric. It is also the one that will provide you with the efficiency and speed of cleaning that we are talking about above. It is recommended for normal or mixed or oily skin. If the skin is sensitive or severely affected by acne, the use of this device should be considered with great care and moderation, as it can irritate the skin and cause scarring.
The electric facial cleansing brushes can be further divided into 2 distinct types:
- Facial Brush with Rotation – More affordable, but the effect on the skin will be more aggressive and will exfoliate the skin every time you use it. The brush makes very fast rotations to cleanse and exfoliate the complexion.
That’s why you have to know that if you choose such a device, the cleaning will be rather superficial, as it will not go to deep clean without irritating the skin. Also, you will not be able to use it daily, otherwise your skin will suffer.
- Facial Brush with Sonic System – The best facial skin cleanser is the one that works with sonic pulses. It is the best choice because it can be used on any type of skin, it is very gentle with the complexion and manages to clean the skin in depth, thus preventing the appearance of pimples.
It is suitable for daily use, accelerating the process of cleansing and the ritual of care. It’s a somewhat more expensive, but more efficient version.
The best facial skin cleanser should allow you to customize your cleaning speed. Generally, it must have at least two speed settings that you can choose according to your skin needs: If you’re more delicate and sensitive, you’ll use a lower speed, and if you want deeper effects, you’ll opt for a higher speed.
Modern facial cleansing brushes come even with three speed settings.
Do not choose such a device that has a single speed setting. The needs of your skin will change throughout the year and it is good to always adapt your device as needed.
Currently there are rechargeable battery or disposable batteries models on the market. A device powered by a rechargeable battery is a cheaper version in the long run. The disadvantage occurs when it is discharged before or during use, and recharging takes good hours.
Ideally, the device has an indicator to see in advance whether the device needs recharging. Generally, a rechargeable battery should provide up to 20 minutes of autonomy.
If you buy a disposable battery-powered facial cleaner, you must be aware that this is an extra expense in the future as you will need to replace them every now and then, depending on your usage patterns and the quality of batteries.
A facial cleansing brush is even better if it has many accessories included. Generally, the number of accessories varies by model. A pulsating facial cleanser device does not need several different brush heads, so one should be sufficient.
A rotating facial cleansing brush machine may, however, come in a package with multiple brushes for different action depending on the particularities of each type of skin.
These brushes can be: a hard brush for the needs of deep cleansing and exfoliation, a soft brush for more sensitive skin and a sponge brush for cleaning.
A skin cleanser may have a brush made of synthetic yarns or natural hair, although the latter are rarely found. Specialists recommend a brush made of natural fibres as they are gentler with the skin, confers light and do not threaten the texture.
A synthetic brush is also good as long as the yarns are very fine, soft and pleasant to the touch.
Number of Oscillations
It refers to the number of movements or rotation that such a facial brush makes per minute.
The best skin cleanser has 9,000 oscillations / minute, which indicates the efficiency of the device.
Dimensions and Ergonomics
It’s normal to want a brush that you can handle very easily, and you can take it on your journeys. So be careful about the ergonomics. Search for a light device that has buttons positioned where it’s easy to access.
The handle should have rubber inserts to allow good grip even when the hand is damp and a small size will make it easier to carry and handle.
Which Accessories and Functions Should the Best Facial Cleansing Brush Have?
- Hard brush – for deep cleaning.
- Delicate brush – for the types of skins that require more delicate and gentle care.
- Sponge brush – a brush head that uses a fine sponge for skin cleansing.
- Storage bag – useful for safe storage of your device in your home or travel bag.
- Timer – Stopwatch that automatically turns off the machine after one minute of use.
- Beep sound – Some devices come with a beep every 20 or 10 seconds to indicate that it’s time to change the action area.
- Charging socket – a special device that allows you to charge the battery.
- Speed settings – at least two for more control over how the facial brush works.
Any facial skin cleanser brush should provide you with a minimum warranty period of 24 months.
Recommended Facial Cleansing Brushes
Taking into account the above criteria and recommendations, studying the current market offer and user reviews, we present you below some models of facial cleansing brushes that offer excellent quality/price ratio.
No products found.
Last update on 2022-06-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API