Table of Contents
- 1 Top 3 Recommended Best Tumble Dryers
- 2 How do You Choose the Best Tumble Dryer?
- 3 Recommended Tumble Dryers
How do you choose the best tumble dryer for your home in 2024? What features and functions should a high-performance tumble dryer have to suit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
Although it is not a strict necessity, a tumble dryer will greatly ease your work in the home, and because time is precious, any home appliance that can save your time and energy is more than welcome.
A tumble dryer promises a quick drying of any type of material. Once you remove your clothes from the device, they will be ready to be worn. It is a convenient and very economical way of saving time. So, how do you choose the best tumble dryer?
You surely know that it takes hours for a coat to dry, even if it was squeezed very well, and in the winter it can take even a few days.
It’s true that you do not sit next to your clothes until they dry, but you spend enough time hanging your clothes to dry, plus you can not wear the desired coat until it’s completely dry.
The best tumble dryer eliminates these problems. Being very similar in appearance to a washing machine, it is very easy to use and is very convenient.
Top 3 Recommended Best Tumble Dryers
How do You Choose the Best Tumble Dryer?
The good part is that you have a choice. Several models and variations of tumble dryers have already appeared on the market, in addition to those incorporated in the pair of washing machine-dryer.
As mentioned above, a tumble dryer of this type can be very useful in a household, but only if it is correctly chosen so as to meet first and foremost the needs of your family. Because there are many types, however, choice can be quite difficult, and a bad investment will affect both you and your family.
How can you choose the best laundry dryer for you? Which aspects do you need to keep in mind? How to differentiate a dryer from another. We recommend that you consult a shopping guide like this one to find the answers to the questions above and to make the best decision.
In your choice, take into account the following important issues.
The Type of Drying
Depending on the method of drying the laundry, the tumble dryers can be divided into two types: condenser or venting. While condenser dryers are more popular than vented ones, the latter are more efficient.
The vented dryer is somewhat more inconvenient to install because it comes in a packet with a blower that removes moist air.
It’s a more efficient version of drying, but it will take up more space, and you may need to call a specialist to install it. It is also a variant that consumes less electricity.
The condenser dryer, on the other hand, is easy to install and use. The principle of operation is simple. The steam coming out of the clothes is condensed and collected in a water tank.
One of the biggest advantages is that it can be put into operation immediately after purchase, and you can quickly find a place in the house, and then even have the opportunity to reposition it easily.
There are also types of laundry dryers on the market depending on the type of power supply. It may be gas or electricity based.
In general, the vast majority of this type of appliance works on electricity. But it’s good to remember that no matter the power supply, the performance will be the same.
The volume of the tumble dryer or its capacity varies from model to model, as is the case with washing machines. Taking this into consideration is directly related to your family’s needs, energy consumption and your time. A larger capacity dryer will dry up more laundry in one drying cycle, saving you time and energy resources.
As a general rule, the capacity of the tumble dryer must be higher than that of the washing machine you use. On the market you can find variants of volume between 7 kg and 10 kg. If you have a family of 4-5 people or even more, the best laundry dryer for you is 8-10 kg.
A feature that will help you a lot is the load sensor that will alert you if the volume of loaded clothes is too high for the dryer’s capacity.
Of course, it will still work, but the laundry will take longer to dry, some may not dry out well, the energy resources will be more demanded and you risk significantly damaging the dryer. The best tumble dryer has this function, so check before you buy.
Protecting Clothes – Moisture Sensor
The humidity sensor is an aspect that must exist when talking about the ideal dryer for everyone. It has a double role. First, it warns the appliance when the clothes are dry, which causes the dryer to stop automatically.
So your clothes do not risk getting damaged by heat. Second, the humidity sensor helps you reduce as much electricity consumption as possible, as the dryer will not work if it is not needed.
Tip: Try to sort your clothing according to the material before it is dry. This will ensure uniform drying and you will not risk damaging fabrics.
There are many models on the market that do not have this moisture sensor but a thermostat. However, this thermostat does not handle the process well and exposes the fabric to the danger of damage due to excessive heat. That’s why the best tumble dryer is the one equipped with a moisture sensor.
The energy class in which this appliance fits is an issue that will directly affect you. That is why you should not ignore it and it is good to determine beforehand what is the minimum energy class you want to fall into.
The most suitable tumble dryer for the needs of anyone falls into at least energy class A, of course, following classes A+, A++, A+++.
You should keep in mind that a tumble dryer consumes more electricity than a washing machine. Even if it has a higher price, a Class A laundry dryer and above is a better long-term choice.
Another comfort aspect you should take into account is the noise level. You should keep in mind that tumble dryers make a lot of noise, which will especially affect you if the dryer is located near the bedrooms.
Always check the level of decibels he emits. In general, a model that does not exceed 70 dB should not be very disturbing.
What Functions and Programs Should the Ideal Tumble Dryer Have?
- Load Sensor – informs the user when the appliance is overloaded to ensure optimal drying, low power consumption, and longer dryer operation.
- Moisture sensor – informs the appliance when the clothes are dry, and stops immediately, protecting the clothes and saving energy.
- Lint filter – As with the washing machine, the tumble dryer has a lint filter that needs to be cleaned. Otherwise, there may be big problems, even fires. It is even better if the machine has a light indicator for the lint filter. Choose a model that has the lint filter positioned on the outside because access is easier than if it is mounted in the drum.
- Remote control or smartphone control – the most expensive models allows you to control the appliance via remote control or a special smartphone application. You can control functions such as drying cycle or parameter monitoring.
- The steam system – the best tumble dryer models have a built-in steam system. This is practical for removing odours and reducing creases, making the fabric easier to iron. Steam can also clean clothes.
- Control panel – control panels allow you to set or customize the operating mode of the tumble dryer in detail. With touch panels, you can even save your preferences without having to reset the machine every dry cycle. However, a more advanced control panel is also a control panel harder to learn and master. You can find a simpler version of the control panel that also offers a wide range of options.
- Extensive rotation cycle – to avoid creating creases, some models have an extended swivel function that allows the drum to rotate continuously even if the drying cycle and heating system has stopped.
- Different drying cycles – usually every tumble dryer has three different drying cycles: total drying, partial drying, and a combination of the first two. Partial drying retains a certain percentage of moisture, and variations appear on the subject depending on the manufacturer. The most popular are, however, the partial drying cycle for the cabinet or for ironing.
- Drum grille – This grid allows drying of the laundry without starting the spin, thus avoiding the formation of creases as much as possible.
- Delicate drying program – a special feature useful for delicate or sensitive items such as shirts.
- Mixed program – a total optional function that allows drying according to the type of fabric: curtain, linen, clothes, etc.
- Sports program – a special program designed for the drying of sports articles.
- Jeans program – facilitates quick drying of toughest materials that retain more water.
- Wool program – although it is not advisable to dry woollen garments in this way, to avoid their wrinkling, there are however drying programs that make this possible without too much risk.
The Price of an Ideal Tumble Dryer
Prices on the market vary depending on the energy class chosen, the novelty and performance of the model, as well as the many features and programs it offers. The price of a good tumble dryer starts at 1200 lei and can reach up to 2000 lei.
For most tumble dryers, the warranty is 2 years, as with most household appliances. However, if you are offered the opportunity to purchase an extra-warranty of up to 2 years, it is good to take advantage of it.
Recommended Tumble Dryers
Taking into account the above criteria and user opinions, we can recommend for you below some models of high-performance tumble dryers that offer excellent value for money.
- Spacious 7Kg capacity
- 15 Programmes to choose from
- Impressive C energy rating
- This Cookology 2.5KG Capacity Vented Tumble Dryer - Has been designed with space-saving and practicality in mind, this model fits perfectly on a kitchen countertop, or can be wall mounted to free up extra surface space.
- Perfect for small spaces - You don't have enough space for a full sized dryer? You're living in student accommodation, you want to be able to dry clothes and towels on holiday, in your camper van, longboat or caravan.
- This Mini Vented Tumble Dryer has lots of features to dry your clothes, the installed anti wrinkle function also helps you reduce your own time without having to iron your clothing.
- SENSOR DRYING SYSTEM - Sensor drying system uses sensors to monitor moisture and temperature levels inside the dryer and automatically stops when it reaches the chosen level of dryness you require.
- ONE TOUCH TECHNOLGY - This appliance is equipped with One Touch Technology which allows you to control, download new cycles, discover tips via an App, on Android smartphones with NFC connectivity. For other Android devices and iOS operating systems, the App gives access to information only.
- Manufacturer Warranty - 10 years parts and 1 year labour (must be regisered within 28 days of purchase)
- Heat pump Technology (A+++ Energy Rating): Want great drying results using less electricity? Heat Pump Technology is gentler on your clothes than traditional condenser or vented tumble dryers . And with top rated A+++ energy efficiency they won’t cost the earth to run.
- OptimalDry: Who says you can't tumble dry without wasting energy? Our temperature sensors adjust the drying time to do exactly that.
- Quick Dry
- MULTIPLE PROGRAMMES TO CHOOSE FROM - Using the LED control panel, you can choose from 5 different programs to suit your needs. There’s also functions such as Anti-crease and Refresh to give you even more control over your laundry.
- SPACE SAVING & STYLISH - When you’re limited on space and struggling to get your clothes dry, the Montpellier MTDAD3P 3 kg Vented Tumble Dryer is an ideal solution. Its compact design makes it ideal for smaller homes
- EASY TO MANOUEUVRE - It has two little handles incorporated into each side for easy transfer from worktop to floor, or on and off the wall – it’s so easy to manoeuvre! Perfect for a single person home, student digs or those days when you need a couple of garments dry in a hurry this little dryer is a small, but super addition to any home.
- 【Multifunctional Clothes Dryer】- Depending on the material and weight of the fabric, you can set the power frequency or different drying modes - cool, mode, warm, drying time, hot mode. In addition, the tumble dryer also has a clothes drying auto-stop function, which is convenient to use. Note: spin dry before use for better drying effect.
- 【Forward and Reverse Tumbling, the Clothes will be More Fluffy】- The large-diameter stainless steel roller inside uses forward and reverse tumbling actions to prevent tangles and keep clothes fluffy. Our clothes dryer has a 4kg capacity and is suitable for T-shirts, towels, trousers, sheets and more. This dryer is ideal for a variety of drying situations, freeing up your balcony.
- 【Intimate Details, Convenient and Safe】- The transparent window allows you to understand the drying process at any time. Made with a high-quality stainless steel inner barrel and a rust-proof outer shell, this dryer is durable enough to stand the test of time. 3-in-1 cotton filter effectively removes odor and lint. If the door is opened while the machine is running, the machine will automatically stop. Equipped with overheating protection, safer.
- Multifunctional Vented Dryer - With this dryer, you can set the time or choose a different mode depending on the material and weight of your clothes. There are five temperature options: Cool (0-20 mins) to cool down the temperature, Warm (20-80 mins) to dry and cool while leaving your clothes wrinkle-free, Drying time (80-160 mins) to dry and cool your clothes, Hot (160-200 mins) for drying large quantities or bulky items, and Air dry (0-80 mins) to freshen clothes with cool air.
- Powerful Performance - This vented dryer has 1200W power and a large 4KG capacity (10 pounds for wet clothes), ensuring your clothes are dried quickly, even on rainy days. You can put on your beautiful dresses every day.
- Quiet and Durable Design - This vented tumble dryer has minimal noise, providing a comfortable environment without interrupting your conversations or sleep. The stainless steel tub makes it more durable and long-lasting.
- Hoover HLEV8LCG 8KG Vented Freestanding Tumble Dryer - White with Chrome Door - 4 Drying Levels - 14 Programmes
Last update on 2024-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API