How to Choose the Best Mini Oven
How do you choose the best mini electric oven for your kitchen? What functions and features should the best mini oven have to suit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
Small electric ovens or mini-ovens as they are called, can cook a wide variety of foods, while saving space and energy compared to a conventional electric oven.
Some people only use this type of oven, while others use it as a secondary furnace, especially when cooking multiple dishes at the same time. Below we will show you the criteria to follow to choose a mini oven according to your needs.
Table of Contents
- 1 Types of mini electric ovens
- 2 The Best Mini Oven: What to Look for
- 3 Recommended Mini Ovens
Types of mini electric ovens
There are several types of mini ovens available on the market. Here are these:
Simple Electric Mini Oven
Simple electric mini ovens can bake, brown and roast almost any food, and some models even offer additional food preparation functions. Simple electric mini ovens do not have convection or rotisserie functions.
Convection Electric Mini Oven
Convection mini ovens are fitted with internal fans that distribute hot air around the food as they bake. The use of convection benefits include shorter cooking times and lower temperatures than non-convection ovens.
The only disadvantage of convection mini ovens is that they have a higher price than non-convection ovens, but they can help you save money on a long-term run due to lower electricity consumption.
Rotisserie Electric Mini Oven
Electric ovens with rotisserie function can cook meat on a rotating stick. Roasting always guarantees succulent and delicious steaks due to uniform coat and constant temperature.
However, rotisserie electric ovens are larger than those without this function and can be harder to clean because there is a danger of spilling meat juices on the side walls and ceiling of the oven interior chamber.
The Best Mini Oven: What to Look for
When you want to buy an electric mini oven according to your needs, it is important to ask the right questions and identify your personal needs. To help you make the right decision, we continue to look at the main features and criteria to consider when choosing the ideal mini oven.
The brand of the oven may or may not be on your list of priorities, but it is a factor to be considered. The reputation of a particular manufacturer may make a difference when you find two models that are similar for both functions and price, and you are not sure which one to buy.
What do you want to do with your new mini oven? Want to make toasted bread or hot sandwiches? Want to cook meat and vegetables? Do you want only to heat the food? Do you want to make pizza? Do you need to cook a whole chicken? Do you need keep food warm? Have you thought of something else?
You will have to think before you buy what you want to do with your new electric mini oven. If you are still going to sacrifice from your kitchen space for a new electric appliance, it is best to know before why you want it.
The easiest way to figure out what an electric mini oven can do is to consult the predefined program list that comes with it. Basic models usually offer only a few functions: traditional cooking, baking and grilling. More advanced models offer many more cooking functions and combinations, some of them even with 12 or more preset cooking programs.
Size of the Oven
There is always a direct link between the size and cooking functions of a mini oven. The more you want an oven with more functions, the bigger it will be.
When considering the size of the oven, consider both the outer and the inner dimensions. Most people are thinking only about the outer dimensions of the oven, which are important because you want to know if it will fit in the space available in your kitchen.
On the other hand, the inner dimension is often forgotten, but it should not be. If you know what you’re going to do in your new electric mini oven, you’ll have to make sure that it has enough room to fit your needs.
For example, let’s say you love the chicken and plan to cook whole chicken frequently in your oven. You will need to buy a large enough oven to insert a whole chicken.
Another example: suppose you like baked cooked dishes in glass or ceramic pots. The inside dimensions of the oven will have to be large enough to fit the baking tins you already own or plan to buy. Keep in mind that the dimensions of baking dishes do not usually include the size of their handles, so you will need to consider the overall size when choosing an electric mini oven.
Control Panel of the Mini Oven
Control panel may not seem so important at first glance, but it can make you love or hate your mini oven. When the buttons and control functions are well thought out, it will be a pleasure to use your new electric mini oven, but when they are thought stupid and hard to use, you may not be pleased to use it.
Analyze the oven images and the appearance of the oven buttons before purchasing. Do they seem easy to use and understand? Are the buttons too small or too cramped?
Perhaps you have certain physical conditions (sight problems, arthritis in the joints of the hands) that will make certain types of control panels seem easier to use. Consider all of these before choosing the right model.
Many electric mini oven models offer additional features that make them easier to use. These include the shelves that slide out, the digital display, self-stopping functions, or the easy-to-remove and clean heating elements.
Some of these functions may be important to you or may leave you indifferent, in any case look for a electric mini oven that includes the functions you want.
The accessories included in the package of your new electric mini oven will bring you many benefits. First you will save money because you will not have to buy the necessary accessories later. Secondly, you will have the guarantee that the included accessories will fit inside of your new oven.
There are a lot of extra accessories for electric ovens, but they do not always match your specific oven model, so the included accessories are the best suited.
Here are some examples of accessories included: Baking trays, Pizza trays, rotisserie spears or holders.
Appearance of the Oven
Although it may seem a superficial criterion, the appearance of the electric mini oven is important. Choose an oven that suits your kitchen style and has a look close to that of the other home appliances you own. The good part is that most small electric ovens usually have a neutral appearance, precisely to fit well into any decoration.
Every small electric oven for the kitchen costs money. After taking into account the above factors, think about the budget you are willing to allocate for the new acquisition.
Once you have set the maximum amount you want to spend, you can sort the store’s offerings by price and you can choose from the models that fit your budget.
Service and Warranty
It is important to buy a product from a serious manufacturer that offers a complete guarantee for your oven. Choose a product that offers a minimum warranty of 24 months.
In addition, be sure to find out where the nearest service centre is, if you have problems with the product you purchased to be able to resolve them quickly.
In addition, you can also buy extended warranty periods from your chosen retailer that will guarantee you extra years of worry-free use.
Electric mini ovens offer a compact and economical alternative to large-sized ovens. Now that you’ve come through our guide, you can choose a product to meet your needs and enjoy it for a long time.
Recommended Mini Ovens
Taking into account the above criteria and recommendations, studying the current market offer and user reviews, we present you below some models of electric mini ovens that offer excellent quality/price ratio.
- Multi-function electric compact cooker with hot plates so you can grill, roast, bake, fry and boil (oven and hotplates cannot be used at the same time)
- Fan assisted, 30 Litre oven with thermostatic controls; 60 to 230 degree Celsius and keep warm function
- Double hotplate that can be used independently or together; large plate - 1000 W, small plate 750 W
- MINI OVEN WITH HOB – Roast, bake, boil, fry, grill, everything you’d expect from a normal oven, just in a fraction of the space. This compact mini cooker measures 47cm x 30.5cm x 36.5cm internally, ideal when cooking for just one or two people.
- DOUBLE HOT PLATE WITH INDEPENDENT CONTROLS – The mini oven has two hot plates, one 700W and one 1000w, each of which has independent controls. The hob on this electric mini oven provides plenty of temperature for stir frying, boiling, etc.
- ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE OVEN – The 1300w convection oven can also be used in a fan assisted setting. Choose your temperature up to 230C and select whether to heat the top of the oven for grilling, the bottom, or both.
- LARGE COOKING SPACE – For those that need a bit of extra space, this VonHaus 38L capacity is perfect for cooking all types of food. Small in size, but big on functionality, this space saving mini oven is ideal for all sized kitchens
- POWERFUL – The adjustable temperature controls allow you to cook between 90-230°C. Boasting 1600W power, you can cook anything you would in a conventional oven. The 0-60minute timer also means there is no need to worry about overcooking
- MULTIPLE COOKING FUNCTIONS – The top and bottom heating elements can be used individually or simultaneously ideal for grilling, baking or roasting
- Versatile 28 L mini oven
- Adjustable temperature between 100 and 230 degrees Celsius
- Complete with dual hotplates choose from two heat settings - 600 W and 1000 W
- 20 LITRE MINI OVEN WITH GRILL -- The Andrew James 20 Litre Mini Oven with Grill is great for kitchen where space is limited and ideal for use in places such as caravans, holiday homes, office canteens and student housing.
- 1500W TABLE TOP GRILL & 230°C COOKER -- You can cook everything you would in a conventional oven with the added benefit that Electric Mini Ovens are more energy efficient and cheaper to run than conventional ovens.
- 60 MINUTE TIMER & COOKING ACCESSORIES INCLUDED -- The Mini Oven features a 60 Minute Timer. The Mini Oven comes with a chrome plated grill rack, enamelled baking tray and a handy gripping tool for easy removal of hot baking trays and grills
- 9 Litre Capacity
- Energy efficient, portable 9L mini oven will cook, bake and grill almost any food
- 60 Minute Timer; 1000 Watt Power
Last update on 2020-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API