Table of Contents
- 1 Top 3 Recommended Best Bagless Vacuum Cleaners
- 2 The Best Bagless Vacuum Cleaner: What to Look for
- 3 The Best Bagless Vacuum Cleaner: Recommended Products
Which is the best bagless vacuum cleaner? What do you need to know before choosing the right product? Read our article for clarifications.
When it comes to house cleaning, carpets and furniture require as much attention as any other surface. Floors dirty with scraps of food and mud is brought to the house by dirty shoes.
Purchasing a powerful bagless vacuum cleaner is a must to keep floors and furniture clean. Although almost any type of vacuum cleaner (vertical vacuum cleaner, hand vacuum cleaner, robot vacuum cleaner or steam mop) helps you maintain cleanliness, the best bagless vacuum cleaner will help you maintain cleanliness by providing you with a wealth of fittings for every task and locations.
Top 3 Recommended Best Bagless Vacuum Cleaners
The Best Bagless Vacuum Cleaner: What to Look for
Vacuum cleaners can clean a wide range of surfaces, some of which are even specialized. Make sure you choose the vacuum cleaner model that suits your needs best. If you have pets, you will need a bagless vacuum cleaner with special accessories to help remove hair.
If you have parquet floors and carpets, you will need a multi-purpose accessory. Consider these recommendations and the criteria below when choosing the best vacuum cleaner for you.
The offer of bagless vacuum cleaners on the market can seem overwhelming with the multitude of brands and models available. Many of the cheap models are surprisingly powerful and offer advanced features such as HEPA filters and multiple accessories that provide effective cleaning for many types of surfaces.
Below you find the features and functions required for a quality bagless vacuum cleaner.
Suction Power and Dust Capacity
When it comes to choosing the best bagless vacuum cleaner, two of the most critical factors to consider are the suction power and dust capacity.
Let’s delve deeper into these two aspects.
Suction power is essentially the strength of a vacuum cleaner. It determines how effectively the vacuum can pick up dust, dirt, pet hair, and other debris from various surfaces. The higher the suction power, the more efficient the vacuum cleaner is at cleaning.
Suction power is usually measured in air watts (AW), which is a unit that represents the power a vacuum cleaner uses to carry dirt from your floor to the dust container. A vacuum cleaner with a high AW rating will typically have stronger suction, making it more effective at cleaning.
However, it’s important to note that suction power isn’t the only factor that determines cleaning performance. The design of the vacuum cleaner, including the brush roll and the airflow system, also plays a significant role. For instance, a vacuum cleaner with a well-designed brush roll can effectively agitate and lift dirt, making it easier for the suction to pick it up.
Dust capacity refers to the amount of dust and debris a vacuum cleaner can hold before it needs to be emptied. This is particularly important for bagless vacuum cleaners, as they use a dust container or bin instead of a bag.
The dust capacity of a vacuum cleaner is usually measured in litres. A larger dust capacity means you can vacuum for longer periods without having to stop and empty the container. This can be particularly beneficial if you have a large home or if you need to vacuum frequently.
However, a larger dust capacity might also mean a larger, bulkier vacuum cleaner. If storage space is a concern, or if you prefer a lightweight machine, you might want to opt for a vacuum cleaner with a smaller dust capacity.
When choosing a vacuum cleaner, consider how often you’re willing to empty the dust container. If you don’t mind emptying it frequently, a vacuum cleaner with a smaller dust capacity might be sufficient. However, if you prefer to empty it less often, look for a vacuum cleaner with a larger dust capacity.
In conclusion, both suction power and dust capacity are important factors to consider when choosing a bagless vacuum cleaner. By understanding these features, you can choose a vacuum cleaner that best suits your cleaning needs.
Weight and Size
The weight and size of a vacuum cleaner can significantly impact its usability and storage.
- Weight: A lightweight bagless vacuum cleaner is easier to maneuver, especially when cleaning stairs, moving between rooms, or reaching high areas. It’s also more suitable for people who may have difficulty lifting heavy objects. However, it’s important to note that weight does not necessarily correlate with performance. Some lightweight models can be just as powerful as their heavier counterparts.
- Size: The size of a bagless vacuum cleaner can affect its storage and maneuverability. Compact models are easier to store, especially in homes with limited storage space. They’re also easier to maneuver around furniture and in tight spaces. However, smaller vacuum cleaners may have smaller dust capacities, meaning they need to be emptied more frequently.
Corded or Cordless
The choice between a corded and a cordless vacuum cleaner often comes down to convenience versus power and runtime.
- Corded Bagless Vacuum Cleaners: Corded models tend to be more powerful and offer unlimited runtime, as they don’t rely on a battery. This makes them a good choice for large homes or deep cleaning tasks. However, their range is limited by the length of their power cord, and they require access to a power outlet. Dealing with the cord can also be a bit cumbersome, especially when vacuuming large areas or moving between rooms.
- Cordless Bagless Vacuum Cleaners: Cordless models offer the convenience of portability. They can be used anywhere, making them great for quick clean-ups, cars, and above-floor cleaning. Most cordless vacuums are also lighter and more compact than their corded counterparts. However, they rely on a battery, which means their runtime is limited. The battery life can vary widely between models, with some offering as little as 15 minutes and others providing up to an hour of cleaning time. Additionally, cordless models may not offer the same suction power as corded ones, although advancements in technology are closing this gap.
The filter system in a vacuum cleaner plays a crucial role in its performance and impact on indoor air quality. It’s particularly important for those with allergies or respiratory conditions. Here’s more about the filters in a bagless vacuum cleaner.
Types of Filters
There are several types of filters used in vacuum cleaners, each serving a specific purpose:
- Pre-Motor Filter: This filter is located before the motor and is designed to protect it from dust particles that could damage it. These filters are usually made of foam or felt and are often washable.
- Post-Motor Filter: This filter is located after the motor and is designed to catch any remaining dust particles before the air is expelled back into the room. These filters are usually made of a more dense material and are not typically washable.
- HEPA Filter: HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters are designed to trap small particles that other filters might miss. A true HEPA filter can capture 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns, including dust mites, pet dander, pollen, and other allergens. Vacuum cleaners with HEPA filters are a great choice for allergy sufferers or anyone concerned about indoor air quality.
Maintaining the filters in your vacuum cleaner is essential for its performance and longevity. Here are some tips:
- Regular Cleaning: Pre-motor filters should be cleaned regularly to ensure optimal performance. Most of these filters are washable, but always check the manufacturer’s instructions. Allow the filter to dry completely before reinstalling it to prevent mold growth.
- Replacement: Over time, filters can become clogged or damaged and will need to be replaced. The frequency of replacement depends on usage, but a general rule of thumb is to replace pre-motor filters every 6-12 months and post-motor filters every 12-18 months. HEPA filters usually need to be replaced every 12-24 months.
- Proper Fit: When replacing filters, make sure they fit properly. An ill-fitting filter can allow dust to escape into the motor or back into the room, reducing the effectiveness of the vacuum cleaner.
In conclusion, the filter system in a bagless vacuum cleaner is a critical component that affects both the machine’s cleaning performance and the cleanliness of your home’s air. By understanding the types of filters and how to maintain them, you can ensure your vacuum cleaner operates at its best and contributes to a healthier indoor environment.
Accessories, distance and versatility
When choosing a bagless vacuum cleaner, the accessories it comes with, its reach or distance, and its versatility are all important factors to consider. Let’s delve deeper into these aspects.
Accessories can significantly enhance the functionality and convenience of your vacuum cleaner. Here are some common accessories that come with vacuum cleaners:
- Crevice Tool: This narrow tool is perfect for cleaning tight corners, between cushions, and other hard-to-reach areas.
- Dusting Brush: This tool has soft bristles that gently remove dust and allergens from delicate surfaces like lampshades and curtains.
- Upholstery Tool: This is designed for cleaning fabric surfaces such as sofas and mattresses. It often has a wider head and sometimes includes a lint-catching fabric strip for pet hair.
- Hard Floor Tool: This accessory has soft bristles or a microfiber pad that is gentle on hard floors while effectively picking up dust and debris.
- Pet Tool: If you have pets, a specialized pet tool can be invaluable. These tools are designed to effectively pick up pet hair from various surfaces.
The reach or distance of a vacuum cleaner refers to how far it can clean from the power source. For corded models, this is determined by the length of the power cord. Some models come with long cords or extension hoses to allow you to clean large areas without changing outlets.
For cordless models, the reach is less of a concern as they can be used anywhere. However, the runtime of the battery becomes important as it determines how long you can clean before needing to recharge.
Versatility refers to the ability of the vacuum cleaner to adapt to different cleaning tasks. Here are some factors that contribute to a vacuum cleaner’s versatility:
- Adjustable Suction: Some vacuum cleaners allow you to adjust the suction power. This is useful when transitioning from high-pile carpets (which may require more suction) to delicate surfaces (which require less suction).
- Convertible Design: Some vacuum cleaners can convert from a stick or upright model to a handheld one, making it easier to clean above-floor areas like furniture, stairs, and car interiors.
- Various Floor Settings: Many vacuum cleaners have settings for different floor types, allowing you to switch between carpets, rugs, and hard floors for optimal cleaning.
- Swivel Steering: This feature allows the vacuum cleaner to maneuver around furniture and other obstacles with ease.
In conclusion, the accessories, distance, and versatility of a vacuum cleaner can greatly affect its convenience and effectiveness. By considering these factors, you can choose a vacuum cleaner that not only cleans efficiently but also makes the task of cleaning more manageable.
Although for bagless vacuum cleaners there is no need to buy dirt bags, the dirt container and the filters require maintenance, some more and others less.
Find a dirt container that is emptying through the bottom by a foldable lid instead of one that needs to be turned upside down for emptying.
This will give you the opportunity to place it in a garbage bag before dismantling it to minimize contact with the dust and dirt you have just sucked in and prevent them from spreading back into the air of your home.
Bagless vacuum cleaners are equipped with several filters. Most of them are cleaned by rinsing with water, but some models of bagless vacuum cleaners have filters that need to be replaced over a period of time, which will increase maintenance costs.
Permanent filters, on the other hand, only need to be rinsed well under the tap for only a few weeks and require replacement only in exceptional cases.
Durability and reliability are very important when choosing the best bagless vacuum cleaner. Make sure you do not have to buy another vacuum cleaner after 6 months. Find a bagless vacuum cleaner that offers you a minimum warranty of 24 months and opt for the additional warranty period if the shop you buy from offers this option.
As usual when it comes to buying a long-term good, it’s better to buy products manufactured by well-known and reputable companies. They will work in optimal and no-repair parameters much longer than no-name products.
The best bagless vacuum cleaner is not easy to find and choose from the range of available models. The best way of choosing is to get a better understanding of the cleaning needs for your home, use the above criteria, of course, and depending on your budget.
The Best Bagless Vacuum Cleaner: Recommended Products
Taking into account the above tips and buyers’ opinions, we recommend below some bagless vacuum cleaner models that offer the best value for money.
- 700 Watt: Lightweight (9.9lbs), bagless cyclonic vacuum cleaner with triple action nozzle & slide knob to regulate suction
- Hygienic: With anti-allergen HEPA 12 filter, to remove odours & capture 99.5 percent of dust, dirt, pollen & allergens
- Quiet & Efficient: Exceptionally quiet bagless cylinder hoover (78 decibels). With 'A' energy rating & washable filters
- Powerful: With Strong 800w Motor generate 19kpa vacuum power
- Perfloormance: Equipped with German Wessel Werk Patented 2 in 1 Head, improve 30% suction efficiency
- Hygienic: with HEPA filter and easy-to-empty one touch release dust bin
- GET THE JOB DONE: Some people live for cleaning. We don’t. That’s why we created the CYL01 vacuum cleaner - to make your housework (and life) easier. It’s lightweight yet powerful - ideal for picking up even the most invisible dust and dirt particles. 2-in-1 crevice tool/dusting brush & upholstery tool included
- EFFECTIVE CLEANING: Under sofas and tables or at the top of curtains and blinds, no area is hard to reach thanks to the 5m power cord and 1.5m hose. The easy-to-use on/off foot pedal, bagless technology and 2 litre dust container with an easy clip-on system makes cleaning hassle-free
- FILTRATION TECHNOLOGY: The HEPA filter separates unwanted particles from the airflow and the 4 stage filtration technology traps micro-sized particles and allergens leaving the air in your home much cleaner. Perfect for alleviating asthma, hayfever and pet allergies
- GET THE JOB DONE: Some people live for cleaning. We don’t. That’s why we created the VTBC01 vacuum cleaner - to make your housework (and life) easier. It’s lightweight yet powerful - ideal for picking up even the most invisible dust and dirt particles. 2-in-1 crevice tool/dusting brush & upholstery tool included
- EFFECTIVE CLEANING: Under sofas and tables or at the top of curtains and blinds, no area is hard to reach thanks to the 5m power cord and 1.5m hose. The easy-to-use on/off foot pedal, 2 litre bagless dust container with an easy clip-on system makes using and emptying the vacuum cleaner hassle-free
- POWERFUL FILTRATION: The HEPA filter separates unwanted particles from the airflow and the 4 stage filtration traps micro-sized particles and allergens leaving the air in your home much cleaner. Perfect for alleviating asthma, hayfever and pet allergies
- Spray color, metal telescopic tube, plastic brush, one nozzle
- Voltage and power: 220-240V 50-60Hz 800W
- Spray color, metal telescopic tube, plastic brush, one nozzle
- A+ ENERGY RATING: Rated as being in one of the highest categories, the VC7020 performed well in all energy performance and durability tests. But don't let this fool you, whilst being energy efficient, this cyclonic vacuum is also very powerful and able to clean its way through the whole house. Built with a powerful 700W motor that can reach a maximum of up to 800W, it delivers a strong suction to achieve good results every time
- BAGLESS WITH HEPA FILTER: Using cyclonic technology to separate the dust from the air, it is then filtered by the integrated HEPA filter to catch up to 99.97% of the particles ensuring that only filtered air is expelled back into the room. This is particularly useful for allergy sufferers who suffer when high levels of dust and other particles get expelled back into the air. The filter is washable and spares are also available to buy separately. There is an extra sponge filter included
- COMPACT LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Weighing only 4.6KG, the VC7020 is lightweight and less strenuous to use than other heavier models, making it less of a chore to get the housework done. To make cleaning even easier, it has two carry handles which ensure you have a good grip to be able to move the vacuum anywhere you need to. Encompassing two large wheels on its base, it is easy to manoeuvre around the house and store away. The hose pipe clips onto the vacuum body for upright storage
- GET THE JOB DONE: Take the hassle out of cleaning with this bagless pet cylinder vacuum cleaner. Equipped with an easy-to-use on/off foot pedal, a 2-in-1 crevice tool and dusting brush and a 3-litre dust container, the PET01 is ideal for picking up even the most invisible dust and dirt particles
- DE-FUZZ YOUR HOME: We love everything about our pets, but there’s one thing that’s not so great - finding their hair all over the house. With 800W of power and the included turbo pet hair attachment, you can remove unwanted hair from a variety of household surfaces - from stairs to upholstery
- MULTI STAGE FILTRATION: The cyclonic technology separates unwanted particles from the airflow and the 4 stage HEPA filter traps these micro-sized particles and allergens leaving the air in your home much cleaner. Perfect for alleviating asthma, hayfever and pet allergies
- 【Powerful Suction】This Eureka Whirlwind Canister Vacuum features a powerful 700W motor and multi-cyclone technology for deep cleaning. Airflow controls are integrated into the handle for easy switching between 3 settings: carpet, upholstery and hard floors
- 【Lightweight with Versatile 2-in-1 Dusting Brush】The lightweight Eureka Whirlwind vacuum cleaner weighs less than 6 kg and features swivel steering for easy maneuvering under and around furniture and stairs. It comes with a versatile 2-in-1 dusting brush for cleaning different areas of the home
- 【Extendable Tube for Easy Reach】The Whirlwind bagless cylinder vacuum cleaner makes it easy to clean under and around furniture. Its extendable tube allows you to reach even hard-to-reach areas and decor
Last update on 2024-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API