How to choose the right induction hob
How can you choose the best induction hob for your kitchen? Get the best advice and shopping tips for choosing the right induction hob for your needs. Below you will find a shopping guide helping you get the most of your kitchen induction hob.
Table of Contents
Advantages of the best induction hob
The induction cooker is a hob using innovative technology that makes the hob heating the cooking vessel without the space around it heating up, thus offering maximum efficiency. This is possible due to a magnetic field generated in the induction zone, a field that magnetizes the cooking vessel.
The induction hob is based on electric current and offers great flexibility when it comes to mounting compared to a gas hob, and can be easily inserted into any type of kitchen furniture.
Besides flexibility, the induction cooktop has a modern design, unlike a classic gas cooker. The advantages of such a hob do not stop here.
Safety is one of the strengths of the induction hob. As I said, at the time of use, the space under the cooking vessel is heavily warmed up and not one centimeter more, thus reducing the risk of accidents by touching the hob’s surface. There is no flame, another important factor that raises safety. Many hobs are equipped with sensors that detect when the food is on fire and cease operation if no vessele is detected.
The induction hob has the power to reach certain high temperatures much faster than other cooking tools. It can reach a boiling temperature of two liters of water in a very short time. Many models also feature a booster function that adds more speed to the process.
Extremely easy maintenance is another strength. An induction cooktop, besides dirtying it much harder, with a very precise cooking temperature control, also cleans up much easier than a cooker.
Induction cooker surfaces are generally ceramic and perfectly smooth. They can also be easily wiped out due to the fact that splashes or unwanted stains do not strengthen, the surface of the hob being unheated.
Now that I’ve caught your interest, let me tell you how you choose the right induction hob!
How to choose the best induction hob
Dimensions of the hob
The dimensions of the hob must be adapted to your requirements. Keep in mind that some hobs have a larger cooking space than others. The number of cooking zones is also important. The number of burners may vary from 2-3 to even 5 or 6.
The ideal solution would be to relate to your lifestyle when choosing the size of the hob or the number of cooking spaces that the hob offers. Also, the dimensions of the furniture body where you want to incorporate it are decisive in this choice.
The design of the hob
As I said, the surface is made of vitreous glass with faceted finish, often black. Design is therefore very pleasant and easy to integrate into your aesthetics.
The design not differ greatly from one model to another. Besides the size and number of burners, the only thing that can vary is the position of the control panel or buttons, which are mostly touch activated and positioned in front or on the side of the hob.
The additional functions of the induction hob are a detail that you need to attach great importance to when you make the purchase. To name a few features that you should not miss: power boost function or booster, residual heat indicator, vessel detection function.
The power boost function will prove to be very useful when you want to cook very fast. It will provide extra energy that heats the hob much faster, thus reducing cooking times. Keep in mind, however, that energy consumption will increase while using the power boost function.
Residual heat indicator is an element that raises the standard of safety of the appliance. The function indicates the hot zones of the hob, thus avoiding the risk of unpleasant events.
The vessel detection function cuts off power consumption when the vessels are lifted, helping to save energy and prevent unwanted accidents.
Energy consumption is another important factor, in my opinion, when choosing the right induction hob.
This type of hob have a high energy consumption, so you must carefully study the technical specifications of the hob before purchasing it.
A too high consumption can create unpleasant surprises not only on the current bill, but also on the electrical system of the house that can easily cede as a result of high consumption.
Search to buy a low-consumption hood and take into consideration the main energy-saving features that we talked about above.
Take into account the criteria I have listed, your family’s requirements and make a smart buying decision. An induction cooker can prove to be a good deal from all points of view when the smart choice is made. Good luck!
Best induction hobs: recommended products
Taking into account the advice above, other buyers opinions and studying the current market environment, we have chosen induction hobs models that offer excellent quality/price ratio.
- Impress your friends and family with this extra wide 4 zone induction hob
- Bridge Zone Induction Hob - great for large pots & pans or rectangular/ovel cookerware like griddles
- Boost Function - Less waiting around for your pans to come to the boil
- Keep Warm & Fry Functions
- 4 heat zones with automatic pan recognition and 17-stage power levels
- Intelligent boost setting for all zones with touch control
- Electronic Touch controls and innovative features including Quick Start
- LED timer for each zone with switch off function and acoustic signal
- Childproof lock
- Can be plugged in
- [Easy to Use and Clean] -You can control your hob with a simple touch of a finger. Select the cooking zone and the power level with ease. Electric hob with seamless framework design, finish in sleek glass is very easy to clean and maintain, nice appearance but functional.
- [Free Yourself from Cooking] - With 4 Cooking Zones, It equips you with plenty of space, and the Electric Hob has an outstanding layout that will stop your pans fighting for space when you want all zones on the go at the same time - makes cooking a feast much more enjoyable.
- [Precise Power and Time Control] - 9 Power Levels, giving you greater control over Cooking Temperature with the powerful 6kW, meet all your needs of delicate heating accuracy. Timer of 0-99 min for each zone, no more burnt pans.
Last update on 2021-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API