How to Choose the Best Fitness Wristband Activity Tracker
How do you choose the best fitness wristband? What features and functions should the ideal fitness wristband have to suit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
Table of Contents
Why Use a Fitness Wristband?
Developing healthy living habits seems an extremely difficult task if you are used to a sedentary lifestyle.
Fitness wristbands reduce fear of effort and help you improve your healthy lifestyle by monitoring daily activities for you to understand your habits and make personalized changes to your lifestyle.
So whether you want to make a radical change in your lifestyle or just want to lose a few pounds, a fitness wristband is the ideal tool for achieving your goal.
The best fitness wristbands are much more than an improved pedometer. These devices incorporate complex motion sensors to monitor your activities, and then a smartphone application or dedicated software transforms these data into reports and graphs that help you identify areas where changes need to be made. These graphs also show the improvements of your lifestyle over time.
Best Fitness Wristbands: What to Look for
Fitness wristbands are for everyone. You do not have to be a marathon contestant or a big sedentary person to benefit from the best fitness wristband. However, you will need a fitness wristband that suits your needs and goals.
Avoid devices that offer many features you do not need. Too much information can be overwhelming and confusing with the effect of abandoning the product. In the same way, if you have too little information you will not be able to get a clear picture of the habits you need to improve.
Below are some criteria to consider when choosing the best fitness wristband, but the right product differs greatly from person to person according to personal needs and wants.
Functions and Features
The basic activities that any fitness wristband should monitor and record are the steps, the distance travelled, the calories burned and the active minutes. Many models also calculate climbing steps, exercise intensity and sleep quality.
However, the accuracy of such a device may vary because it bases calculations for activity level and calories burned after generic settings related to age, sex, height and weight.
In conclusion, it’s a good idea to analyse the recorded data as an approximation and not necessarily as a precise measurement of your activities.
If you still want to get a more accurate picture of your fitness activities, choose a fitness wristband that also records heart rate, skin temperature and sweating levels.
With these additional sensors, the computational algorithm will use the exact data of your body instead of the generic data it comes with preset.
Other features that can be found on a top fitness wristband are silent alarms, activity reminders, and screens that can show daily progress.
To get the best results, you’ll want to wear your fitness wristband all the time, so choosing a comfortable and stylish device is important.
You do not want a fitness wristband that does not fit your personal wardrobe at all. And if you choose sleep monitoring, you’ll need to choose a bracelet that’s also comfortable to wear during sleep.
Ease of Use
When you use the best fitness wristband you will not want it to become a burden for you. The best models require as little effort as possible on your part. You simply wear your fitness bracelet and it measures and calculates against the backdrop of everyday life.
Most devices synchronize with your Bluetooth smartphone making it even easier to use. The easier it is to use a fitness wristband, the more likely it is for you to use it in the long run.
The best fitness bracelet is no more than an accessory without a form of software application to uncover the data recorded by the device.
Each fitness wristband comes with either an application or a website that will show you in a friendly way your work with easy-to-understand reports and graphics. These programs should have intuitive navigation, be easy to understand and provide personalization based on your diet to have a clearer picture of your habits.
Some apps will really guide you to the goals you are aiming for, provide games for each achievement, and give you tips on improving your diet and sleep quality.
Compatibility may be a problem with some devices because some apps are only available for Android or iOS only, and not for both operating systems.
Whether you are a marathon runner who wants to make a thorough progress record or just want to get a few pounds to get into the jeans of youth, the best fitness wristbands simplify the work of changing daily habits, transforming every daily move into a step towards the proposed goal and a healthier lifestyle.
Recommended Fitness Wristbands
Taking into account the article’s recommendations and the offer of fitness wristbands available on the market, we present to you below some models that offer excellent quality / price ratio.
- All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, miles walked, active minutes, sleep status and more. Stay motivated all day!
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: Built-in the Nordic 51832 Chip, minimum size, lowest power consumption, highest integration. Data full accuracy and battery life is longer! Tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously and automatically tracks your sleep duration & consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data, helping you adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle.
- Multi-Sport Modes & Connected GPS: 14 exercise modes help you better understand specific activity data; Connect the GPS on your cellphone can show run stats like pace and distance and record a map of your workout route. Everything you need in a tiny tracker, heart rate monitor, step counter, stopwatch, reminder, calories counter, sleep monitor, supports 14 sports modes: Walk, Run, Spinning, Cycling, Dance, Climbing, Hike, Treadmill, Workout, Tennis, Yoga, Basketball, Football, Badminton.
- Heart rate & sleep monitoring: tracks your real-time heart rate automatically and tracks your deep sleep, light sleep, and awake sleep so that you can have a comprehensive understanding of your sleep quality
- All-day activity tracking & GPS connectivity: accurately record all-day activity, including steps, distance, hourly activity, active minutes, sleep status and calories burned
- Multiple Sport modes: 14 different activity tracking modes including: walking, running, fitness, basketball, badminton, tennis, football, mountaineering, spinning, cycling, treadmill, hiking, yoga, Dancing all available to better Track your Workout
- No heart rate monitor accurately records all-day activities like Steps, Distance, calories burned and active minutes; precise algorithm enables more scientific exercise
- A great sleep starts a productive day; It trackers your sleep duration and consistency automatically with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data so you can get a better routine
- Keep your phone out of sight and your goals In focus; it syncs with your smartphone so you can see incoming call, text, and calendar notifications right on your wrist
- Heart rate monitoring & sleep tracking: heart rate monitoring helps you understand your heart status during workouts. Our Smart watch also tracks your Sleep automatically, helping you to measure awake, light, and deep sleep periods
- Activity tracking with 9 sports modes: track your daily activity data like Steps, calories, distance and minutes active and generate data charts on your device. You can also use the built-in multi Sports modes to see real-time exercise stats
- Multifunctional smart watch: Sedentary reminders, relaxation training, call/message reminders, reject call functionality, alarms, music control, customized watch dials, Stopwatch settings and you can even store up to 10 messages this device has it all, it’s also IP68 water resistant
- 【Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring】Your heart health counts! Many diseases are related to your heart directly or indirectly. Fitfort fitness trackers supports continuous 24/7 heart rate monitoring, tracking your heart rate automatically, providing you with nonstop care for your heart! The sleep monitoring helps you to know your sleep quality and better your sleep patterns accordingly
- 【Precisely Activity Tracking】All your sports data are tracked & recorded precisely with the advanced sensors of the fitness watch. You can see your steps, calories, distance, average pace, and BPM (beats per minute) more accurately than phones that you won’t hold during exercises. With its IP68 waterproof design, you can wear it while sweating & showering, enjoying the freedom of exercises
- 【14 Sports Modes for Multiple Activities】There are 14 built-in sports modes in our fitness tracker watch, running, yoga, cycling, walking, lifting, football, trekking, treadmill, basketball, tennis, hiking, balancing, dynamic cycling, and badminton. Fitfort activity tracker satisfies all your diverse sports needs
- 💕【Heart Rate Monitor & Sleep Monitoring】Keep your beat; You can see if your heart rate is where you want it with ANCwear Watch Q68B; This Smart watch helps you to track real-time heart rate effectively levels. Automatically track your sleep duration from 6 PM to 9AM, through the APP you can see how long you're in the light, deep, REM sleep and assisting you in adjusting yourself in a healthier lifestyle.
- 💕【Multi-function Activity Tracker Watch】Accurately record all-day activities, such as steps, distance, burning calories, walking mileage, activity minutes, sleep status, etc. The watch has 8 built-in sports modes (walking, running, cycling, Skipping, Badminton, Basketball, Football, Swimming). User-friendly features make it your life assistant. Message & call reminder, music control, breathing training, stopwatch, alarm clock, multi-dial setting, two-way anti-lost.
- 💕【Access Your World from Your Wrist】This bluetooth smart watch will be a perfect mate to keep you organized and efficiency all day long. With a High-end Mobile Phone LCD Screen, the screen intensity is brighter! Receiving notifications for phone calls or messages from SMS, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp, and other mobile phone apps. Vibrates to notify you of incoming calls and messages; reminds you to move after periods of inactivity and important dates, helping you stay connected.
Last update on 2020-06-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API