How to Choose the Best Inline Roller Skates
How do you choose the best inline roller skates? What functions and features should the best inline roller skates have to suit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
Roller skating is a great sport for both young and old. It is a pleasant and active way to spend your free time especially if you want to make a little movement in the park at the end of the week.
Since it is a sport that children and adults practice, it is good that before buying a pair of inline roller skates you are interested in the criteria most suitable for you.
Table of Contents
Best Inline Roller Skates: What to Look for
Do you want to perform? Do you just want to use them at a park break in a cool afternoon? Are protective equipment required? We will discuss all of this in the lines below.
First of all, you need to know what size you wear on your shoes so you can orient yourself to a pair of inline roller skates in which you feel comfortable. But there are different models. You can opt for a fixed number roller skates in which you choose exactly the number you can usually wear or go for the adjustable roller skates.
This last option involves a single pair of inline roller skates that is suitable for 3 consecutive feet numbers. We take the 34-36 example as an example. This pair of inline roller skates fits both those who typically wear 34 and those wearing 35, respectively 36 shoes size.
Adjustable rollers are a good investment especially for young rollers which their feet grow year-on-year and want to use the pair of inline roller skates that you bought also next year.
Another use for adjustable inline roller skates is when you want to make a gift to a person whose footwear size you do not know very well.
The next thing you will definitely consider is the design. Usually the pattern or drawing on the inline roller skates is what draws your eyes at first, especially if we talk about little ones. They will always be attracted to models as brightly coloured as possible with drawings with their favourite artists.
As the tastes are not discussed, only you know what colour you would like to be your new pair of inline skates. We all want to have models that we like and that make us feel proud to wear them.
This is also true when you buy the best inline roller skates.
The more you like the design, the more you will be more willing to use them as often as you can and you will skate with a big smile on your face.
Best Inline Skates: Technical Criteria
Among so many inline skates manufacturers you do not know which one suits you best.
Even if there are already established companies (Salomon, Rollerblade, K2, Fila) whose products are known by the great roller skating lovers, there are some technical criteria that you have to follow.
I will briefly present some aspects to watch, especially for the beginner amateurs of this sport.
Types of Inline Roller Skates
There are various roller variants, each adapted to the type of skating that you want to practice.
If you want to learn to make different tricks in skate parks, then you’d better choose the aggressive inline skates, usually with a fixed size, and with a shoe-lined boot that does not overwork your ankle very hard.
On the other side, for recreational roller skating amateurs, there are fitness roller skates with adjustable buckles that can also be of fixed or adjustable feet size.
For speed skating there is a special type of inline skates with speciall wheels that allow you to reach fast speeds without having the possibility to brake. It depends very much on your abilities and the purpose of getting the best inline roller skates.
Inline roller skates are also chosen by the type of boot. As I mentioned, there are inline roller skates that are tightened by means of two buckles or with the help of a pair of laces.
The boots with the buckles are better for the ankle, they are easier to tighten, they are more practical and are usually used for recreation. The downside is that they can force your leg and make some bruises if they are too tight.
Laces skates can be tightened to your leg and comfort. They are malleable, versatile and are mainly used by professionals. A minus is that it takes a long time to put them on, or to take them off.
Wheels Size and Material
Depending on your knowledge in roller skating, you also choose the dimensions of the wheels. The largest dimensions are roller skating wheels with a diameter of 84-110 mm.
To be able to make different figures in skate parks, it would be best to choose the inline skates with the smallest diameter on the wheels, namely 44-59 mm. For recreational purposes, 72-90 mm diameter skateing wheels are perfect.
Also regarding the wheels, it counts the material from which they are made. Always choose the rubber or silicone version.
The silicone ones are the quietest and slip even better. Plastic ones are the loudest and last less time.
Wheel bearings are a more technically important part. You need to know that there are 5 categories of bearings: ABEC 1, ABEC 3, ABEC 5, ABEC 7 and ABEC 9 respectively.
These bearings help to spin the wheels and the higher the class, the bearings will be more resistant and the wheels will turn more easily. So you will skate easier, more enjoyable and without too much effort.
When not specified, the ABEC class means that the bearings are of poor quality and it would not be advisable to invest money in a pair of inline skates that will not bring you much desired pleasure.
Protective equipment is especially important for children. There are a lot of available models of helmets, knee-pads and arm-pads for you to purchase.
So you know you’re protected if you get unbalanced and fall. However, investing in protective equipment will make parents feel more comfortable when their children are on their roller skates.
So, to choose the best inline roller skates, it’s a good idea to consider the purpose for which you buy them so they will fit your needs nicely.
Also, the price is a determining factor in every purchase, but can find various discounts and promotions that will give you the opportunity to buy your desired pair of inline roller skates. There are also affordable inline roller skates, especially for those who want to use them for recreational purposes.
You do not have to spend a fortune to feel good skating on inline roller skates in the park. Before purchasing, do not forget to try the pair of skates that you want to buy to make sure you feel as comfortable as possible.
Recommended Inline Roller Skates
Taking into account the above criteria and recommendations, studying the current market offer and user reviews, we present you below some models of inline roller skates that offer excellent quality/price ratio.
- 3 Level Adjustable Size: Small for little kid =UK 11J-1S), Medium for big kids = 1 - 4 (M),Large for youth & young adult= 4 - 7 (L). Adjustable sizes which accommodate your little ones as they grow
- Safety and Comfort: Our roller skates have triple protection system, includes standard lace, Velcro strap & high-strength buckle. Safeguard children's safety, comfort and stability
- 8 Wheels Light up: Gain confidence in our stylish neon light design. With Colorful lights when rollerblading, wheels are designed as self-generated power system, no battery needed.
- BRAKE PAD ON THE RIGHT FOOT - made of a special material that does not wear out after a few breaks/stops and effectively protects for longer period of time. Provides longer and more effective protection and safety. ADDITIONAL LOOP - Ideal for carrying inline skates around and also very helpful noose for putting skates on.
- TOP QUALITY - high-rebound wheels made of PU (82A) and ABEC 7 bearings allows you to ride fast and comfortable on most of the surfaces.
- MULTI AREATION SYSTEM - Specially developed air openings in roller skates- carefully designed vents for comfort - they protect the foot from overheating and sweating
- Secure Stable Skates: with strong durable chassis, easy safe-lock straps and inline skate design, more stable than standard lace or Velcro skates
- Adjustable sizing: Enables the Osprey children’s roller blades to fit ideally, even when they grow, matches standard UK child shoe sizes 12 to 1 and 1 to 4
- Rear Brake: allows kids to stay in control and brake quickly, ideal for beginner boy and girl roller bladers
- 【3 Level Adjustable Size】: Small for little kid =UK 11J-1S), Medium for big kids = 1 - 4 (M),Large for youth & young adult= 4 - 7 (L). Adjustable sizes which accommodate your little ones as they grow.
- 【Safety and Comfort】: Our Inline skates have triple protection system, includes standard lace, Velcro strap & high-strength buckle. Safeguard children's safety, comfort and stability.
- 【8 Wheels Light up】: Gain confidence in our stylish neon light design. With Colorful lights when rollerblading, wheels are designed as self-generated power system, no battery needed.
- Adjustable Inline Skates: One pair of boots can be adjusted to different sizes as kid's feet growing to ensure years of fun. 3 sizes (S/M/L ) are available for your choice, please check our size chart and choose the proper size for your kid.
- 8 Flashing Wheels: Coolest flashing wheels are self-generated without battery required. It shines with colorful lights when skating that adds cool style to the skates & offers more fun to your kid.
- Comfortable & Sturdy Material: The main body of the skates is comprised of premium PP material, sandwich mesh, PVC leather & EPE foam that offer great comfort to skate. Rust-resistant aluminum frame, 8 64mm 82A PU wheels with trendy LED lights & high performance ABEC-7 bearings provide smooth, quiet and safe glides.
- DESIGNED FOR BEGINNER SKATERS: with high impact PP boot shell and trucks for foot protection and stability
- ADUSTABLE SIZING: lets you find a comfortable fit as your child grows
- REAR PVC STOPPER AND CUSHIONED ANKLE SUPPORT: helps reduce the risk of injury whilst learning to skate
Last update on 2020-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API