How to Choose the Best Inline Roller Skates
How do you choose the best inline roller skates? What functions and features should the best inline roller skates have to suit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
Roller skating is a great sport for both young and old. It is a pleasant and active way to spend your free time especially if you want to make a little movement in the park at the end of the week.
Since it is a sport that children and adults practice, it is good that before buying a pair of inline roller skates you are interested in the criteria most suitable for you.
Table of Contents
Best Inline Roller Skates: What to Look for
Do you want to perform? Do you just want to use them at a park break in a cool afternoon? Are protective equipment required? We will discuss all of this in the lines below.
First of all, you need to know what size you wear on your shoes so you can orient yourself to a pair of inline roller skates in which you feel comfortable. But there are different models. You can opt for a fixed number roller skates in which you choose exactly the number you can usually wear or go for the adjustable roller skates.
This last option involves a single pair of inline roller skates that is suitable for 3 consecutive feet numbers. We take the 34-36 example as an example. This pair of inline roller skates fits both those who typically wear 34 and those wearing 35, respectively 36 shoes size.
Adjustable rollers are a good investment especially for young rollers which their feet grow year-on-year and want to use the pair of inline roller skates that you bought also next year.
Another use for adjustable inline roller skates is when you want to make a gift to a person whose footwear size you do not know very well.
The next thing you will definitely consider is the design. Usually the pattern or drawing on the inline roller skates is what draws your eyes at first, especially if we talk about little ones. They will always be attracted to models as brightly coloured as possible with drawings with their favourite artists.
As the tastes are not discussed, only you know what colour you would like to be your new pair of inline skates. We all want to have models that we like and that make us feel proud to wear them.
This is also true when you buy the best inline roller skates.
The more you like the design, the more you will be more willing to use them as often as you can and you will skate with a big smile on your face.
Best Inline Skates: Technical Criteria
Among so many inline skates manufacturers you do not know which one suits you best. Even if there are already established companies (Salomon, Rollerblade, K2, Fila) whose products are known by the great roller skating lovers, there are some technical criteria that you have to follow.
I will briefly present some aspects to watch, especially for the beginner amateurs of this sport.
Types of Inline Roller Skates
There are various roller variants, each adapted to the type of skating that you want to practice. If you want to learn to make different tricks in skate parks, then you’d better choose the aggressive inline skates, usually with a fixed size, and with a shoe-lined boot that does not overwork your ankle very hard.
On the other side, for recreational roller skating amateurs, there are fitness roller skates with adjustable buckles that can also be of fixed or adjustable feet size.
For speed skating there is a special type of inline skates with speciall wheels that allow you to reach fast speeds without having the possibility to brake. It depends very much on your abilities and the purpose of getting the best inline roller skates.
Inline roller skates are also chosen by the type of boot. As I mentioned, there are inline roller skates that are tightened by means of two buckles or with the help of a pair of laces.
The boots with the buckles are better for the ankle, they are easier to tighten, they are more practical and are usually used for recreation. The downside is that they can force your leg and make some bruises if they are too tight.
Laces skates can be tightened to your leg and comfort. They are malleable, versatile and are mainly used by professionals. A minus is that it takes a long time to put them on, or to take them off.
Wheels Size and Material
Depending on your knowledge in roller skating, you also choose the dimensions of the wheels. The largest dimensions are roller skating wheels with a diameter of 84-110 mm.
To be able to make different figures in skate parks, it would be best to choose the inline skates with the smallest diameter on the wheels, namely 44-59 mm. For recreational purposes, 72-90 mm diameter skateing wheels are perfect.
Also regarding the wheels, it counts the material from which they are made. Always choose the rubber or silicone version.
The silicone ones are the quietest and slip even better. Plastic ones are the loudest and last less time.
Wheel bearings are a more technically important part. You need to know that there are 5 categories of bearings: ABEC 1, ABEC 3, ABEC 5, ABEC 7 and ABEC 9 respectively.
These bearings help to spin the wheels and the higher the class, the bearings will be more resistant and the wheels will turn more easily. So you will skate easier, more enjoyable and without too much effort.
When not specified, the ABEC class means that the bearings are of poor quality and it would not be advisable to invest money in a pair of inline skates that will not bring you much desired pleasure.
Protective equipment is especially important for children. There are a lot of available models of helmets, knee-pads and arm-pads for you to purchase.
So you know you’re protected if you get unbalanced and fall. However, investing in protective equipment will make parents feel more comfortable when their children are on their roller skates.
So, to choose the best inline roller skates, it’s a good idea to consider the purpose for which you buy them so they will fit your needs nicely.
Also, the price is a determining factor in every purchase, but can find various discounts and promotions that will give you the opportunity to buy your desired pair of inline roller skates. There are also affordable inline roller skates, especially for those who want to use them for recreational purposes.
You do not have to spend a fortune to feel good skating on inline roller skates in the park. Before purchasing, do not forget to try the pair of skates that you want to buy to make sure you feel as comfortable as possible.
Recommended Inline Roller Skates
Taking into account the above criteria and recommendations, studying the current market offer and user reviews, we present you below some models of inline roller skates that offer excellent quality/price ratio.
- Useful for beginners and intermediates - very stable and easy to learn on
- Adjustable, flexible sizing with easy slide adjustable straps and safe lock boot buckles
- Durable, supportive boots and comfortable soft padded boot liner
- CHILDREN'S INLINE SKATES: Apollo inline skates are lightweight and durable, with soft boots that adjust to the foot, and with PP high impact cuffs for extra stability
- ENJOY SKATING: The perfect fit, a high degree of comfort, and smooth handling make the inline roller skates ideal for all sports-loving children, beginners and advanced skaters.
- ADJUSTABLE: The children's in-line skates are easy to adjust and can grow with the children's feet over 4 shoe sizes from size 31-34 at the touch of a button thanks to the 1-click system.
- 4 Sizes Adjustable - Kids can ride on these skates for a long time for you'll be able to increase the boot up to four sizes. Three size avaiable: Small(Y12-2); Medium(2-5); Large(5-8), Check the image of our size chart for more Information.
- 8 Wheels Illuminating - Gain confidence in our stylish design in Violet/Magenta. With the coolest light up wheels, make your little girl a real shining star. Wheels are designed as self-generated power system, no battery needed!
- High-end Features - Enjoy a smooth, quiet and confident ride on the reinforced aluminium frame, 82A polyurethane wheels and high quality ABEC-7 bearings. Primium performance and special light up bonus, totally worth the price!
- Ideal for beginners and intermediates - maximum user weight - 60 kg
- Impact cushioning inner liner
- Rear break included
- Delivery：Shipped from the EU Warehouse by DHL and receive it within 5 to 10 days(Usually 7 days).
- Designed with Polyester Fabric Mesh, Makes the inline skate breathable and comfortable to prevent sweat smell;
- Stylish Cool Playing, with PU 8-wheel full flash fashion design,brings your a wonderful roller skate experience;Extra reliable performance:Using safety All-Aluminium bracket and ABEC-7 bearing;Triple Protection:Barbie buckle,Powerful Velcro,Shoe rope;
- Heavy duty 600D PVC water resistant materia
- Carrying handle
- Will hold up to size adult 9 boots in certain styles. (Only up to size 6 for hard shell Quads like Pheonix and Raptor)
Last update on 2019-05-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API