How to Choose the Best Epilator
How do you choose the best epilator? What features and characteristics should the best epilator have to suit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
Besides shaving machines, other hair removal methods have evolved. Some allow for more efficient removal of the hair than the razor blade and offer a smoother sensation.
Choosing the right method for removing unwanted hair is essential for your well being.
Table of Contents
The Best Epilator: What to Look for
The best epilators use different technologies to remove unwanted hair. Some models use light to remove hair, and others pull hair from the root. This way you can choose the best epilator for your needs.
Not all epilators are good for certain types of skin. In addition, some models are a good choice for use in the face and neck area, while others are not. Another important feature is the durability of the system and if supplies and spare parts are available for purchase.
Hair Removal Method
There are several ways to remove unwanted hair. The most popular method is with the classic epilator. It uses a system of multiple tweezers that pull the hairs straight from the root. This method is not the most inspired choice for facial hair removal but is best for hair on your hands and feet.
Laser epilation machines use continuous monochromatic light to destroy the hair follicle. Once the follicle is inactivated, the hair will not grow any more. This method of removing unwanted hair is permanent. Pulsating light epilation devices are different because they use intermittent light beams transmitted over different wavelengths.
Hair and Skin Colour
Not all hair removal appliances work for all hair and skin colours. Epilators with pulsed light act on the melanin of hair follicle.
After hair loss, its growth is unlikely and very slow, and if it grows back it will be much thinner. Because they act on melanin in the follicle, these epilators will not work on white hair. In addition, it does not work properly on dark skin.
Laser epilators can leave scars on dark skin.
Face and Neck Usage
The possibility of using the epilator device on your face and neck area varies from model to model. Laser devices may not be just right for these exposed and sensitive areas.
Classic epilators can be used to remove unwanted hair from the face and neck. To reduce pain and irritation, it is best to use them with care.
Some epilating systems allow replacement parts when needed.
Check before purchase if the chosen epilation system offers these spare parts. Depending on the price of the chosen epilation machine, this criterion is important.
Using the best epilator allows you to have a fine skin instead of unwanted hair. Choosing the right device saves you effort and trouble. Taking into account the criteria presented in this article, you will be able to purchase an epilator according to your needs.
Taking into account the above criteria and the buyers’ opinions, we have chosen for you below some epilators that offer excellent quality / price ratio.
- Hair-free skin that lasts up to 4 weeks
- Gentle tweezing discs remove hair as short as 0.5mm
- 2 speed settings to grab thinner and thicker hair
- EFFORTLESS: Epilator for women with a wide, pivoting head, for easier and more efficient hair removal
- SMOOTH SKIN: Micro-Grip tweezer technology (40 tweezers) provides smooth skin for weeks, not days
- CONVENIENT: Ergonomic handle enables convenient use on all body areas
- With over 70, 000 hair-catching actions per minute, you can cover more skin and achieve flawless smoothness for up to 4 weeks. Treat your lower legs in as little as 10 minutes
- Extra wide epilator head: covers more skin with every stroke for faster hair removal
- Award Winning design: the ergonomic S-shaped handle is easy to steer for maximum control and better reach with natural and precise movements, all over your body
- 30% wider head (compared to previous Panasonic models), removes more hair in one stroke, for a quicker epilation
- Double disks head ensures that leftover hair is caught, as the second disk catches hair missed by the first disk. In addition, the 60 tweezers allow you to catch more hair in one single stroke
- The 90 degree flexible pivoting head effortlessly glides on the skin, closely following even the hard-to-reach areas. Features 3 speed settings from soft/normal/power mode
- 40 Close-Grip tweezers remove even the shortest hair for up to four weeks of smooth skin
- The high frequency massage system stimulates skin for a more comfortable epilation
- The pivoting head follows every contour of the body for skin contact and even gentler performance
- Gentle: Epilator for women and elegant for beginners, with a speed setting for extra gentle hair removal
- Thorough: Micro-grip tweezer technology (28 tweezers) for hair removal as short as a grain of sand
- Precise lines: Bikini styler is designed to shave precise lines, shapes or contours
Last update on 2022-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API