How to Choose the Best Epilator
How do you choose the best epilator? What features and characteristics should the best epilator have to suit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
Besides shaving machines, other hair removal methods have evolved. Some allow for more efficient removal of the hair than the razor blade and offer a smoother sensation.
Choosing the right method for removing unwanted hair is essential for your well being.
Table of Contents
The Best Epilator: What to Look for
The best epilators use different technologies to remove unwanted hair. Some models use light to remove hair, and others pull hair from the root. This way you can choose the best epilator for your needs.
Not all epilators are good for certain types of skin. In addition, some models are a good choice for use in the face and neck area, while others are not. Another important feature is the durability of the system and if supplies and spare parts are available for purchase.
Hair Removal Method
There are several ways to remove unwanted hair. The most popular method is with the classic epilator. It uses a system of multiple tweezers that pull the hairs straight from the root. This method is not the most inspired choice for facial hair removal but is best for hair on your hands and feet.
Laser epilation machines use continuous monochromatic light to destroy the hair follicle. Once the follicle is inactivated, the hair will not grow any more. This method of removing unwanted hair is permanent. Pulsating light epilation devices are different because they use intermittent light beams transmitted over different wavelengths.
Hair and Skin Colour
Not all hair removal appliances work for all hair and skin colours. Epilators with pulsed light act on the melanin of hair follicle.
After hair loss, its growth is unlikely and very slow, and if it grows back it will be much thinner. Because they act on melanin in the follicle, these epilators will not work on white hair. In addition, it does not work properly on dark skin.
Laser epilators can leave scars on dark skin.
Face and Neck Usage
The possibility of using the epilator device on your face and neck area varies from model to model. Laser devices may not be just right for these exposed and sensitive areas.
Classic epilators can be used to remove unwanted hair from the face and neck. To reduce pain and irritation, it is best to use them with care.
Some epilating systems allow replacement parts when needed.
Check before purchase if the chosen epilation system offers these spare parts. Depending on the price of the chosen epilation machine, this criterion is important.
Using the best epilator allows you to have a fine skin instead of unwanted hair. Choosing the right device saves you effort and trouble. Taking into account the criteria presented in this article, you will be able to purchase an epilator according to your needs.
Taking into account the above criteria and the buyers’ opinions, we have chosen for you below some epilators that offer excellent quality / price ratio.
- Up to 100 percent gentle hair removal in one stroke
- Extra gentle wet and dry epilator for use in bath or shower
- Epilation removes hair 4x shorter than wax
- GENTLE: Epilator for women and perfect for beginners, with a speed setting for extra gentle hair removal
- THOROUGH: Micro-Grip tweezer technology (28 tweezers) for hair removal as short as a grain of sand
- PRECISE LINES: Bikini styler is designed to shave precise lines, shapes or contours
- 2-in-1 Epilator: Speedy epilation with 24 tweezers efficiently captures even short and thin hairs from the root.
- Gentle Skin Guard: The gentle skin guard holds skin in place, so that the epilator only pulls on the hair and not the skin.
- Two speed settings: Two-speed function allows easy start for beginners and protects sensitive skin.
- 40 Close-Grip tweezers remove even the shortest hair for up to four weeks of smooth skin
- The high frequency massage system stimulates skin for a more comfortable epilation
- The pivoting head follows every contour of the body for skin contact and even gentler performance
- Epilator removes more hair in one stroke*
- Epilation removes hair 4x shorter than wax
- Wet and dry epilation, virtually painless with regular use
- EFFORTLESS: Epilator for women with a wide, pivoting head, for easier and more efficient hair removal
- SMOOTH SKIN: Micro-Grip tweezer technology (40 tweezers) provides smooth skin for weeks, not days
- CONVENIENT: Ergonomic handle enables convenient use on all body areas
Last update on 2020-08-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API