How to Choose the Best Blood Pressure Monitor
How do you choose the best blood pressure monitor for you? What features and functions should the right blood pressure monitor have to suit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
A blood pressure monitor is an absolutely necessary device in the home of any person who suffers from hypertension or any other affection of blood pressure. These devices will help you monitor your blood pressure anytime.
More accurately, the best blood pressure monitor will help you determine if your blood pressure is working properly and help you dicover any potential health problems in time to get it to your doctor.
The best blood pressure monitor measures systolic and diastolic pressure as well as the pulse.
Table of Contents
The Best Blood Pressure Monitor: What to Look for
There are two types of blood pressure monitors you can use at home. The manual models are equipped with a stethoscope and an inflatable cuff that is connected to the manometer via a rubber tube. The cuff is inflated manually while listening to the blood flow through the stethoscope.
The digital blood pressure monitors also benefit from an inflatable cuff and a manometer, but instead of using a stethoscope, they automatically inflate the cuff and provide the measurements directly on the screen.
Manual blood pressure monitors are hard to use and imprecise. A digital blood pressure monitor gives you an accurate measurement in just a few seconds.
Type of Measurement
Between the two types of blood pressure monitors the main difference is the way they measure blood pressure. Digital blood pressure monitors do not use a stethoscope like manual ones. They use automatic pressure measurement.
Digital blood pressure monitors automatically display all necessary and final values on the screen, while manual blood pressure monitors use a needle dial that indicates values on its scale.
Memory and Users
Storing blood pressure values is very important. When you monitor your blood pressure, it is very important to monitor its evolution over time to notice important changes or to determine the efficacy of the medication.
The best digital blood pressure monitors store the values for multiple measurements and even allow a personalized history for different users. If you are the only one that uses the blood pressure monitor, you will not need more users, but the memory measurement function allows you to automatically keep record of your blood pressure history.
For manual blood pressure monitors, these advanced features are not available and you will need to record your measurement results separately.
Cuff Size and Material
Each blood pressure monitor is equipped with a cuff made of two types of material: rubber and nylon. The inner part of the cuff is made of a rubber membrane that swells with air and presses your arm to measure the tension.
The outer shell is made of nylon and is equipped with Velcro fastening (hooks) for fastening to the wrist.
The size of the cuff is important because not all the cuffs match all arm sizes. It is good to measure the circumference of your arm before selecting the ideal blood pressure monitor to make sure the cuff will fit.
An unsuitable size cuff will not accurately measure your blood pressure.
Compatibility with Smart Devices
Many models of modern digital blood pressure monitors offer the possibility of synchronizing history and measurement results with your phone or tablet. These usually correlate with the use of a specific application that can even email the results of your doctor by email. These applications are compatible with Android or iOS operating systems.
It is important to compare the best blood pressure monitors to find out which features you need. Although all products have the same purpose, some are easier to use than others, especially if you do not have specialized medical training.
Recommended Blood Pressure Monitors
Taking into account the above criteria, the buyers’ opinions and analysing the existing offer, we present below some models of blood pressure monitors that offer excellent quality / price ratio.
- Automatic blood pressure monitor with Medium 22 - 32 cm Cuff
- One button operation
- Last reading memory
- Clinically validated - European Society for Hypertension (ESH)
- One button operation with 22-32cm cuff
- 30 memories and average reading function
- ABOUT US: Our electronic upper arm blood pressure monitor has advanced measurement techniques,along with World Health Organisation (WHO) Blood Pressure Classification Indicator to give you the most accurate reading, which is essential to manage high blood pressure.Powered by 4 x AA batteries (included)
- TWO USERS: It supports two user mode, can store up to 198 sets of data (99 readings for each user). Automatically displays the average of your last 3 readings. Helps users to easily track their health, blood pressure and heart rate according to the specific time and date.
- FULLY AUTOMATIC: One button operation.Wrap the cuff around your upper arm, assume proper sitting position,get your Systolic, Diastolic blood pressure and Pulse results with one touch of the button.Displayed measurements include: systolic pressure, diastolic pressure, pulse rate, date, time, and user ID.
- 【Reliable & Accuracy】- AUCEE blood pressure monitor helps you to track your blood pressure and heart beat accurately with precisely high accuracy measuring: ±3mmHg/±0.4kPa(blood pressure); ±5%(pulse rate).It will alert you instantly if abnormal blood pressure or an irregular heartbeat is detected while you are being measured. Taking 2 or 3 readings for accuracy is recommended.
- 【Large Screen Tricolor Backlight Display】- Easy-read backlight screen with extra-large digits and tricolor-colored LCD indicator lights to show your readings to the monitors the results clearly. The green means normal, the orange means a little high and the red means high,especially easy for the aged to read.
- 【Double-User Mode】- 2 * 99 Memory storage with date & time. Easy Switch between 2 users to store results measured separately. Acquire your records & track your health figure at anytime you want. Its measurement stability is superior to wrist one, and it is more suitable for patients with older age, irregular heartbeats, and peripheral blood vessel aging caused by diabetes.
- 【Clinically Accurate】: Each device is individually tested to ensure accuracy,providing you the most accurate blood pressure data.Plus,irregular heartbeat can also be monitored,which makes it convenient to track your health at home every day.
- 【240 Memory & 2 Users Mode】：This blood machine support two users have their own independent measurement records, each user can record up to 120 measurements. Helps users to easily track their health, blood pressure and heart rate according to the specific time and date.
- 【Large LCD Display & One-button Operation】: One-button start, you can get your blood pressure and heartbeat results on large 3.2'' LCD screen. Blood Pressure Monitor for Upper Arm is equipped with LCD backlight display, which ensures clear number even in darkness. Especially convenient for the elders.
- ► Reliable & Accuracy - OUDEKAY electronic upper arm blood pressure monitor has advanced measurement techniques,along with World Health Organisation (WHO) Blood Pressure Classification Indicator to give you the most accurate reading, which is essential to manage high blood pressure. Powered by 4 x AAA Batteries (Included).
- ► Large Screen Tricolor Backlight Display - Easy-read backlight screen with extra-large digits and tricolor-colored LCD indicator lights to show your readings to the monitors the results clearly. The green means normal, the orange means a little high and the red means high,especially easy for the aged to read.
- ► Double-User Mode - The blood pressure monitor supports two user mode, can store up to 198 sets of data (99 readings for each user). Automatically displays the average of your last 3 readings. Helps users to easily track their health, blood pressure and heart rate according to the specific time and date.Its measurement stability is superior to wrist one. it is more suitable for patients with older age, irregular heartbeats, and peripheral blood vessel aging caused by diabetes.
Last update on 2020-06-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API