How do you choose the best beard trimmer? What features and functions should the best beard trimmer have to suit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
But if you are a man you know for certain that facial hair is not easy to maintain, and a beard that is not taken care for is not at all appealing.
Brands have felt your need to always look impeccable, so they launched a number of hair care devices, including the beard trimmer.
Whether you want to use it to arrange or trim your beard, find out how you can choose the best beard trimmer.
Table of Contents
Why Choose the Best Beard Trimmer?
The best beard trimmer gives you multiple grooming possibilities, so that the beard you wear best represents you. An ideal beard trimmer will allow you greater control so you can trim the facial hair with high precision.
All this comes with ease of use, an attractive and comfortable design, and the comfort of being able to arrange yourself at home. Trimming your facial hair professionally at the salon could cost you a lot of money. On the other hand, if you buy the best facial hair clipper, you can enjoy the quality of the services of a salon in the comfort of your home.
At the moment, there are many beard trimmer machines available on the market, but also other hair clippers that generally look very similar. Therefore, it may be difficult to choose the best beard trimmer for your needs.
In fact, even between the beard trimmers available on the market there are subtle differences, which will make your search for the best device of its kind quite difficult. And the prices of these products vary greatly, but how can you choose the best price/quality ratio?
We encourage you to carefully consult a shopping guide listing each aspect that you need to check in order to make the best choice. We anticipated your need for you and we have already prepared such a guide that you will be able to read further. So, in your choice, take into account the following important issues:
A beard trimmer that looks good but has a blade quality that leaves to be desired not only will not give you the results you expect but it will consume a lot of your time and will certainly create a bad mood .
For your investment to be worthwhile, it is necessary to check that the blades are made of stainless steel and have a self-sharpening system. Otherwise, the blades will crank and you will need to sharpen them regularly to a specialist.
Titanium-plated blades are also a good and durable, but a more expensive option, and the self-lubrication function will guarantee optimal blade precision.
The best beard trimmer comes with at least 5 different blades and combs. Although it works on a larger surface when used without any auxiliary blade, these blades give you the opportunity to have more control over the shape of your beard.
Regardless of the shape and style you are going to approach, the blades that work on a smaller surface of action will help you shape your sideburns, jawline, and moustache with maximum precision according to your wishes.
Also, such a device must also contain a blade to remove unwanted hair from nose or ears.
Also the combs are included in the accessories category. As with any hair removal machine, combs are important for adjusting the hair cut size.
The combs can be fixed or adjustable, the adjustable version being the most convenient. This will allow you to have small combs that will give a close fit to the skin, or some bigger combs that will cut the beard so that it retains its prominent appearance. The comb adjustment must allow a setting that starts from 0.5-2 mm and reaches a maximum of 15-16 mm.
The option without adjustable combs allows you to attach a comb each time to get the desired result, and is a variant that will take you a little longer. In general, 3-4 fixed-type combs will be enough to arrange your beard as you wish.
The best beard clipper works on a rechargeable battery. However, there are also power cable variants on the market, which we do not recommend because they are impractical, as well as variants that use classical batteries that need to be replaced.
Any such cordless device is a desirable option, but the best one is the rechargeable battery option. It gives you nearly 2 hours of continuous use after a full charge, sufficient for several usage sessions.
If you have opted for a classical batteries beard trimmer, make sure you always have more spare batteries.
Maintenance and Cleaning
You are aware that such a device should only be used in a dedicated space, as cut hairs can easily fall on the surrounding surfaces.
This is why an ideal beard trimmer incorporates a collecting tank of these short hairs that suck the hair cut from the active blades.
Also, the appliance should allow you to clean it under a powerful jet of water without any risk of water penetrating the electrical side of the device.
This cleaning is one of the most important aspects of maintaining the beard trimmer and should be done after each use. Otherwise, the hair will accumulate and will greatly affect the precision and efficiency of the blades.
What Features and Accessories Should the Best Beard Trimmer Have?
- Different blades – the best beard trimmer must include at least 5 special active blades of different sizes and shapes to shape or remove hair from more difficult or sensitive areas of the face.
- Different Combs – fixed or adjustable, these are important to control the depth of the trim.
- LED indicator – a light that tells you the battery level so you can charge it in advance and do not have unpleasant problems, such as a depleted battery when you have half a beard arranged and you’re in a hurry.
- Cleaning brush – a very thick brush that helps to remove hair that has fallen on your skin or clothing.
- Blade lubrication oil – the blades need to be lubricated from time to time to avoid damage and to maintain operating speed. That is why it is sometimes necessary to apply this lubrication oil to the blades.
- Carrying Pouch – The pouch is very important when carrying, but also when you store the beard trimmer. It must contain special compartments for each blade as well as combs and the device itself. This way you will carry the appliance safely without the risk of it being filled with dust or lint.
- Laser guide – the best beard trimmer comes equipped with a laser guide feature that projects a light line that aligns the profile before clipping. This will give you a precise contour of the beard with very straight lines.
The warranty period is very important because failures independent of you may occur along the way. Sometimes there may be manufacturing defects at the blades or combs. Any defect must be borne and repaired by the manufacturer. So choose a beard trimmer with at least 24 months of warranty.
Recommended Beard Trimmers
Taking into account the above criteria and recommendations, studying the current market offer and user reviews, we present you below some models of beard trimmers that offer excellent quality/price ratio.
- No more mess - its powerful vacuum system catches up to 90% of cut hairs*
- Trim your beard twice as fast** with patented DualCut technology and strong stainless steel blades. The innovative lift-and-trim system guides the hair towards the blades for an effortless trim in less strokes
- Get an even trim at any length with the adjustable zoom wheel with 20 lock-in length settings, from 0.5 to 10 mm. Finish up your style with the precision trimmer attachment
- Trim, edge, and shave any length of hair. Maintain your perfect stubble length
- Create precise edges & sharp lines with the contour-following technology and dual-sided blade
- Comes with 2 blades and 3 combs: Use the 3 click-on combs for lengths of 1, 3 & 5mm
- Mains operated multi-cut hair clipper features the wahl powerdrive cutting system that cuts through even the thickest hair
- Adjustable taper lever gives you multiple cutting lengths without changing attachment combs
- Powerful quiet operation with comfort grip for improved comfort and control
- A 3-day beard made easy: The innovative Lift & Trim comb cuts 30% faster*
- Double sharpened full metal blades that cuts more hairs in every pass for faster trimming, with rounded blade tips for skin-friendly performance
- Get an even trim at any length with the adjustable zoom wheel with 20 lock-in length settings, from 0.5 to 10 mm
- Ceramic coated blades effortlessly cut the hair neatly and effectively for precise styling of beards and stubble
- The convenient pop up trimmer is suitable for shaping hair around the chin and the sideburns area, so you can finish off your chosen style to perfection
- The trimmer has nine length settings so you can trim hair to your preferred length with ease, simply turn the zoom wheel on the handle until the length you want is displayed and your chosen length will be locked in
- Battery operated beard and moustache trimmer
- Five-position multi-length comb guide to achieve your desired length
- Three jaw line and sideburn blending combs to ensure a tidy, professional finish. In three length settings 1.5 mm, 2.5 mm and 3.5 mm
Last update on 2020-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API