Table of Contents
- 1 Top 3 Recommended Best Smart Plug Power Outlets
- 2 What Are the Advantages of a Smart Plug Outlet?
- 3 How Do You Choose the Best Smart Electrical Outlet?
- 4 Recommended Smart Plug Power Outlets
How do you choose the best smart plug power outlet in 2024? What functions and features should the best smart plug have to suit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
Smart or “intelligent” devices seem to be increasingly present, if not more necessary in the lives of each of us. This is why humanity is headed in a sure direction: the smart home or the intelligent home.
Like today we have a smartphone and we could not imagine life without it, in the not too distant future we will not imagine a home without most of the “smart” facilities.
One seemingly small step toward obtaining a smart home is to purchase and install a smart plug or a “smart outlet”. The many advantages that such a plug outlet offers will convince you of the need to purchase one.
So find out how to choose the best smart plug outlet in the article below.
Top 3 Recommended Best Smart Plug Power Outlets
What Are the Advantages of a Smart Plug Outlet?
You probably wonder what makes it worth the term “smart” outlet. Well, this socket does much more than allow you to connect to a power source. It gives you the possibility to control the devices connected to this outlet remotely through an internet connection and a special application. Besides, it also helps you to make significant savings in the power consumption.
You could find such an outlet very practical in situations where it is necessary to turn on or off the appliances from a distance. Let’s say you don’t remember whether or not you left your air conditioner open or your iron.
Or you may want to turn on some appliances in advance, such as the electric oven, to be already heated when you get home. You may have this level of control with the best smart plug.
You will also receive notifications on the phone about any electrical malfunction, and also you will be able to check the electrical consumption level of each device.
How Do You Choose the Best Smart Electrical Outlet?
Being a product that is gaining more and more popularity every day, it is normal for many models with more or less special functions to appear on the market.
Since the price of such a smart plug can sometimes reach even hundreds of pounds, you cannot afford to choose randomly. That is why it is very good to be informed about the smart plug, before you decide to buy a certain model.
To help you in your choice, we have prepared a shopping guide in which we present you what functions and features should the best smart outlet have to make it worth your money.
So, making your choice, consider the following important issues:
In order to be able to operate the smart outlet it must connect to the home Wi-Fi network through a Linux platform. This makes it possible for you to access it and control it remotely, as long as the home internet is functional and your control device is connected to the internet.
The thing to look out for is compatibility. You cannot use a smart plug at all if it is not compatible with your device. So, before you buy, check the operating systems (iOS, Android or Windows) that the smart plug is compatible with.
What Functions and Features Should the Best Smart Plug Have?
Control On Any Mobile Device
once the connection between the plug and the device is made you will have absolute control over its functionality, in the sense that you will be able to turn on or off access to the power source, thus managing to control the connected devices. Check beforehand that the smart socket you want can withstand the electrical load of the devices you want to connect.
the best smart plug outlet also gives you the opportunity to program the start-up and stop times. This feature can be useful if you know you will not be able to connect your phone to the internet to directly control the outlet.
High-performance devices have the ability to deliver a report after each start or stop so you can be sure that the action you ordered from your device was successfully executed.
When you encounter such electricity issues, you will receive a notification on the phone.
Measurement of Power Consumption
A function that allows you to check the energy consumption of each appliance in your home. All the data will be saved in an archive, and in this way you will be able to figure out which device consumes the most in the house. Basically you will be able to find out where the household problems are and try to solve them now.
We know that little ones are very attracted to such objects. Especially if there is a new object in the house, if it is illuminated and if he is told that he is not allowed to touch it, the child will feel very attracted to this outlet.
The best smart outlet, however, will be safe enough not to endanger the safety of the child if he has access to it.
The warranty of such a product must be of at least 2 years. A good manufacturer will provide you with this warranty period as well as the possibility to extend this period.
However, given that the technology is constantly evolving, over 2 years you will most likely want to replace your smart socket with a more efficient one that gives you more control options.
It is normal to be interested in the company that produces the best smart plug outlet. Even if we can’t name the best, we can give you some indicative examples of companies that have built a good reputation among users who have been satisfied with the performance of their devices.
Depending on the number of functions offered by their outlet, but also on the quality / price ratio, the most recommended brands are: TP-Link, D-Link, Edimax, Panasonic, or Fibaro.
Before buying a product, especially if you buy it online, we recommend that you consult the opinions of other buyers in order to have a better perspective on the quality and durability of smart plug outlet you want to buy.
Recommended Smart Plug Power Outlets
Taking into account the above advice, analyzing the available offer and buyer feedback, we can recommend below a few models of smart plug power outlets that offer excellent value for money.
- 【Strong Compatibility】Revolutionize your smart home setup with our advanced 20A smart WiFi plug! Unlike most plugs capped at 16A or 13A, ours accommodates high-power appliances like air conditioners, water heaters, and washing machines. Seamlessly integrate it into your existing smart home system for an instant and expansive appliance upgrade. Elevate your home automation experience – don't miss out!
- 【ENERGY MONITOR】Gain real-time insights into your device power consumption and track usage trends through our mobile app's intuitive graph display. Identify energy-hungry devices, adapt usage habits, and slash electricity bills. Our smart WiFi plug, compatible with Amazon Alexa, provides detailed energy consumption data for efficient household appliance management. Make informed decisions to optimize your energy usage and save big.
- 【VOICE CONTROL】Connect our WiFi plug effortlessly to Alexa and Google Home, extending control to nearly all household appliances. With a simple voice command, manage your home devices seamlessly, such as "Alexa, illuminate the Christmas tree." Ideal for those with hectic schedules or limited mobility, voice control enhances your living experience, offering unparalleled comfort and ease.
- What's Required? - Nothing! This product works out of the box with the free ‘Philips Hue Bluetooth’ app. Simply plug in any non-connected light to your new smart plug and connect to the Bluetooth app for in room control!
- Get Started In No Time - With no complex installation required you can start controlling non-connected lights straight out of the box. Discover the easiest way to control your smart lights.
- Tis' the Season - Make your Christmas smart with Philips Hue lighting and accessories. Turn non-connected plug-in lights smart with the Philips Hue Smart Plug. Our Hue Smart Plug can be used to control your tree lights or home décor from the Philips Hue App.
- 【100ft Remote Control Range】RF signal works through walls/doors/windows; Remotely control household appliances up to 100ft(30m) in open areas; No need in line of sight; No interfering with other electric appliances
- 【Learning Function】Transmitter and receiver have been pre-programmed for immediate use, but with learning function, you can freely add extra remotes and sockets (Search Model: UHRS102A & UHRS103A) to expand your remote control system
- 【Easy to Use】Work straight out of the box, simply plug in and use; No programming or tools required; a 12V 23A battery included; Perfect for the elderly and those who with mobility problems or back pain, no more bending down, make your life more convenient
- Easy to use remote control socket : The pre programmed remote control plug simply plug in and use, no programming or tools required. Socket with remote is ideal for the elderly or those with limited mobility, make your life convenient, safer, and energy efficient.
- 30m remote control range: This remote socket with strong RF signal, and remote plug works through doors and walls, without interfering with other home appliances or devices. Signal can function as far as 30m in line of sight.
- Energy saving: Remotely turn off household appliances as your require, keep the wireless remote control socket off after a power failure, to avoid the energy waste caused by standby.
- 【100ft Remote Control Range】RF signal works through walls/doors/windows; Remotely control household appliances up to 100ft(30m) in open areas; No need in line of sight; No interference with other electric appliances
- 【Learning Function】Transmitter and receiver have been pre-programmed for immediate use; with learning function, you can freely add extra remotes and sockets (Same Model) to expand your remote control system
- 【Easy to Use】Work straight out of the box, simply plug in and use; No programming or tools required; a 12V 23A battery included; Perfect for the elderly and those with mobility problems or back pain; no more bending down, make your life convenient, safer, and energy efficient
- 【Long Range】40 Meters remote control range;
- 【Easy to Use& Operate】Work straight out of the box, simply plug in and use; No programming or tools required;
- 【Learning Function】You can freely add extra remotes and sockets (Same model) to expand your remote control system;
- ⭐( APP Control) -Download an smart life App, and then you can easily control the smart plug anytime anywhere.
- ⭐( Voice Control )-Using simple voice commands to control our smart plug through Alexa or Google Home. Such as:” Alexa, turn on the fan.” Compatibles with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for Voice Control
- ⭐( Timer Function )-Customize the WiFi smart socket to power on and off automatically as needed, like setting lights to come on at dusk or turn off at sunrise.
- Schedule and Timer Setting - Set schedules and timers for your smart plug with ease. You can have your coffee maker start brewing before you wake up in the morning or have your lights turn on automatically at a specific time.
- Voice Control - Smart plugs that work with Alexa and Google Assistant. You can control Wireless plug with your voice. Just ask, "Alexa, turn on the lamp" or "Hey Google, turn off the fan."
- Smart Life & Nooie App Integration - Smart home plug integrates compatiable with the Smart Life&Nooie app, allowing you to manage your devices from one central location. You can also set up automation to trigger multiple devices at once.
Last update on 2024-02-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API