How to Choose the Best Lawn Mower
Which is the best lawn mower? What features and functions should the best lawn mower have to suit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
As the grass in your yard starts to grow, you need a tool to cut it regularly to always look beautiful. A lawn mower is the best tool for your lawn. It is a machine with a motor and a cutting blade that just has to be pushed on the grass surface.
Using a lawn mower makes your work easier being so easy to handle.
Table of Contents
How Do You Choose a Lawn Mower?
Lawn mowers do not have a certain scheduled speed. The time you finish cutting all the grass depends on you and how fast you move.
Cut grass can be mulled, collected in a bag or thrown to the side of the mower, depending on the model chosen.
When you want to buy a lawn mower, you have models with an internal combustion engine or an electric motor.
An electric motor lawn mower involves less maintenance, not having to constantly feed it with gasoline or check its oil level. However, the electric models do not really cope with very large surfaces and do not generally have the necessary power for very vast lawns.
Petrol lawn mowers are easier to handle, do not need a nearby power outlet and get better off when you have a very large lawn surface. However, they will need to be fuelled with gasoline to keep them moving.
The Best Lawn Mower: What to Look for
When you want the best lawn mower you need a tool that gives you enough power to keep the lawn without problems. It must be easy to start, light and easy to handle. Also, a high-quality quality product is recommended because you do not want to change the lawn mower every year.
Below we present the criteria by which you can evaluate lawn mowers before purchase.
The ideal lawnmower must be easy to use. Look for a large wheel machine that can easily be pushed over uneven land.
And the handle is important. It must be height adjustable to allow you to conveniently use the machine for extended periods of time.
Most lawn mowers offer three options for collecting the cut grass. It can be thrown into the sides of the machine, can be collected in a special container or can be mulched.
In addition, a larger warranty indicates a reliable product and protects you from any manufacturing defects. Choose a lawn mower with a minimum warranty period of 2 years.
Design of the Lawn Mower
The best lawn mowers have folding handles to optimize storage space. They are also equipped with a large bag that is easy to mount and dismount.
Some products will have a protective layer against moisture, herbicides and other chemicals that can damage the appliance over time.
Last but not least, the best lawnmower should be easy to start because it is not convenient to lose half an hour to start the machine.
Taking into account the detailed elements above, you can not choose a lawnmower that is easy to use, durable and well priced for any task. Using the best lawn mower, this household work will be pleasant and easy.
Recommended Lawn Mowers
Taking into account the above criteria and recommendations, studying the current market offer and user reviews, we present you below some lawn mower models that offer excellent quality/price ratio.
- Utilises a powerful 1400W motor so you can tackle your lawn with ease.
- A 27cm cutting width and 11-31mm cutting height ensures a neat and tidy finish to your lawn.
- Equipped with an easy to empty 15 Litre grassbox
- The Rotak 32 lawnmower is ideal for small and mid-sized gardens, height of cut 20 – 60 mm
- Thanks to its grass comb, the Rotak 32 cuts effortlessly along walls, flower beds and lawn edges
- Weighing just 6.8 kg, it is easy to steer around obstacles and transport
- Utilises a powerful 1500 W motor so you can tackle your lawn with ease.
- A 36cm cutting width and 20-60 mm cutting height ensures a neat and tidy finish to your lawn.
- Equipped with a large, easy to empty 40 Litre grassbox, meaning you spend less time emptying
- Utilises a powerful 1400 W motor so you can tackle your lawn with ease
- A 27 cm cutting width and 11-31 mm cutting height ensures a neat and tidy finish to your lawn
- This lawn mower drops your grass clippings back into the lawn – acting as a natural fertiliser for your grass
- 1300 W Power drive motor ensures a reliable cut in long or wet grass
- 34 cm cutting diameter ideal for small to medium lawns up to one tennis court
- Double folding handles and stackable grassbox for compact storage
- Hovering on a cushion of air, this compact mower glides over gentle slopes and bumpy gardens with ease
- Utilises a powerful 1700 W motor and 10 m cable that is ideally designed for small to medium gardens so you can mow the length of your lawn without an extension cable
- A 33 cm cutting width and 12-32 mm cutting height that utilises a central height adjust ensures a neat and tidy finish to your lawn
Last update on 2020-06-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API