Table of Contents
- 1 Top 3 Recommended Best Circular Saws
- 2 Best Circular Saw: What to Look for
- 3 Recommended Circular Saws
How do you choose the best circular saw in 2024? What features and functions should the best circular saw have to fit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
A circular saw is a versatile and essential tool for carpenters, builders, and DIY enthusiasts alike.
A circular saw is a power tool with a rotating blade that can cut through wood, metal, plastic, and more. It’s known for its efficiency and versatility, able to make rip cuts, crosscuts, and bevel cuts with ease.
A circular saw has a blade with 24 teeth and a diameter of 190 cm that rotates at over 5000 revolutions per minute. By making a simple calculation, it is spinning at a speed of 200 kilometres per hour.
With such power you can cut any type of wood in two steps and three moves. For this reason, circular saws are the most popular tools when it comes to wood cutting.
Top 3 Recommended Best Circular Saws
Best Circular Saw: What to Look for
Just like any other tool on the market, circular saws are found in a variety of models.
The best circular saw allows for easy adjustment and perfect visibility of the cutting blade because if you can not see where you cut, you cannot cut too precisely.
The best circular saws have alignment accessories and cutting indicators to ensure perfect operation. Below you will find the criteria by which you can evaluate the best circular saw.
Type of Circular Saw
There are two main types of circular saws: sidewinder and worm drive saws.
- Sidewinder saws, also known as inline saws, have the motor positioned on the side of the blade. They are compact, balanced, and perfect for light to medium-duty tasks. They operate at higher speeds and are generally lighter, making them suitable for most DIY projects and carpentry work.
- Worm drive saws have the motor positioned behind the blade, resulting in a longer, heavier saw. They deliver more torque and are adept at managing heavy-duty tasks, like cutting through dense or thick materials. These saws are more durable and provide excellent control and precision, albeit being a bit heavier.
Choosing the Right Blade
The blade is arguably the most critical part of the circular saw. It determines the quality of the cut and the types of materials you can work with. The factors to consider while choosing a blade include its size, tooth count, and material.
The size of the blade is measured in diameter. The most commonly used blade size is 7-1/4 inches, able to cut through materials up to 3 inches thick. For thicker materials, larger blades are available.
Tooth count affects the smoothness and speed of the cut. Fewer teeth remove material quickly but leave rough edges, while more teeth cut slower but yield a smoother finish. For fine woodworking, blades with high tooth counts are preferable.
The material of the blade impacts its durability and performance. Steel blades are cheaper but dull quickly. High-speed steel (HSS) blades are harder and last longer. Carbide-tipped blades are the most durable and stay sharp for a long time, but they are pricier.
Power and Speed Considerations
The power of a circular saw is often indicated by its Amperage (Amps) or Wattage (Watts) if it’s corded, or Voltage (Volts) if it’s cordless. Higher numbers mean more power, translating to greater cutting capacity and ease of operation.
Speed, on the other hand, is measured in rotations per minute (RPM). Higher RPM indicates faster cutting speed.
However, excessive speed can cause overheating and reduce blade life, so it’s important to balance power, speed, and the material you are cutting.
The best evaluation of a circular saw is its ability to allow various types of cuts. The types of cuts you can make depend on the saw’s ability to adjust for these.
Adjustable bevel and depth settings allow you to make more precise and diverse cuts, adding to the tool’s versatility.
Other important features can be an adjustable handle or an electric brake that stops the blade when the power button is released.
A spindle or shaft lock makes it easier to change the blade by preventing the shaft from rotating. Some saws also feature laser guides or LED lights to improve visibility and accuracy.
Each feature offers increased levels of safety and versatility and varies from product to product.
One of the most important elements of a circular saw is the possibility of adjusting the angle and depth of cutting. In this way, the circular saws are equipped with buttons or levers that allow these adjustments.
Levers are the best option, because adjustments are made quickly even during operation.
Corded vs. Cordless
The debate between corded and cordless tools is ongoing, and each has its advantages.
Corded circular saws provide consistent power, making them suitable for lengthy and heavy-duty tasks. However, the cord can restrict mobility and may require access to a power outlet.
Cordless circular saws, on the other hand, offer more freedom of movement and can be used virtually anywhere, making them handy for jobs with limited access to power.
Their power is dependent on the battery life, so it’s crucial to have spare batteries or a quick-charging system.
Ergonomics and Handling
Comfort and handling are crucial elements that should not be overlooked. The best circular saw is one that feels comfortable and balanced in your hand.
Factors like weight, grip comfort, and the overall balance of the saw contribute to its usability. If the saw is too heavy, it can lead to fatigue during prolonged use.
A well-designed handle with a comfortable grip can reduce strain and improve control.
Trying out the saw, if possible, is a good idea. Hold it in your hands, feel the grip, balance it, and check whether you can comfortably access the controls.
Service and Warranty
Choose a circular saw made by a renowned brand to benefit from the best post-sale service.
Imagine that the chosen equipment is defective a few weeks after the purchase and the service unit fails to solve the problems in a timely manner. A well-known manufacturer with a well-established network of service units will help you faster and more efficiently than an unknown one.
Choose a circular saw with a minimum warranty of 24 months for your peace of mind. In addition, if you want to be extra cautious, you can also choose extended warranty service that can extend the warranty period for a few more years for a modest amount.
The circular saw has become very popular due to versatility and ease of use. You can easily use such a portable saw for cross cuts, canvas or deep cuts.
All you need to know before purchasing is what type of work you want to do, and if that tool will help you get to the end of it.
In the end, the best circular saw is one that matches your specific needs, comfort, and budget.
Whether you’re a professional carpenter, a builder, or a DIY enthusiast, understanding these considerations will help you make an informed decision. It’s about finding the balance between cost, features, power, and comfort.
With the right circular saw, your cutting tasks will become more efficient and enjoyable.
Recommended Circular Saws
Taking into account the above criteria and recommendations, studying the current market offer and user reviews, we present you below some models of electric circular saws that offer excellent quality/price ratio.
- Powerful saw: 1200W motor generates no load speed 5800RPM to slice through laminate flooring, wood, plastics, PVC pipe and plaster board at ease. Additional Saw Blade; GALAX PRO Circular Saw 76331 comes with one TCT saw blade plus an additional saw blade as a gift
- Bevel and miter cuts: Not limited to making 0-degree cuts, the GALAX circular saw has multiple bevel and miter angles (0-45°), affording you the option of making your desired joint-forming cuts
- Adjustable cutting depth: This circular saw has a depth adjustment lever that releases to allow for adjustment of the saw's base plate, perfect for plumbing applications such as taking up old floorboards. Max cutting depth is 65mm at 90°and max cutting depth is 42mm at 45°
- Rear angular guide for smooth and precise adjustment of bevel angle
- Large cutting capacity 65mm at 0 degrees and 45mm at 45 degrees
- Bevel cuts 0 degrees to 45 degrees For the most common cutting applications
- ➤【Upgraded Version - Powerful Pure Copper Motor with 2 Blades】Featured with a 1200W powerful pure copper motor, the circular saw provides a fast cutting speed of 3500 RPM for cutting laminate flooring, dry wood, plastics, PVC pipe, and plasterboard. 2 Blades: 40T and 24T (185mm). (Note: When installing/replacement of the saw blade, to tighten or loosen the bolts, the rear axle lock button must be pressed at the same time.)
- ➤【Adjustable Cutting Depth and Angle】ENVENTOR Electric circular saw allows you to freely adjust the cutting angle from 0° to 45°. the maximum cutting depth can reach 62mm (90°) and 42mm (45°). Angle and depth adjustment can help you flexibly adjust in woodworking.
- ➤【Laser Guide and Precise Cutting】With the help of the scale ruler and integrated laser guide, circular saw can make accurate, precise and quick cuts. The laser guide keeps the cutting in a straight line. Greatly improve your work efficiency. The 2m cable makes it easy to move when you work in woodworking.
- Powerful Motor: Featured with a 500W copper motor, the compact circular saw can reach a cutting speed of 4500RPM to cut tile, plastics, plaster board with ease.
- Ergnomic and Safe: The soft rubber handle reduces hand fatigue. The dust port can be connected to vacuum for a healthy environment. The double protection switch enhances safety in use.
- Precise and Adjustable Cutting Depth: The parallel guide allows you to make a precise and quick cut with ease. You can adjust the cutting depth from 0-25mm according to your need.
- Bevel cuts 0 degrees to 45 degrees for the most common cutting applications
- Single action lever for quick adjustment of cutting depth
- Aluminium die cast safety cover, aluminium base plate and aluminium blade cover
- 190 mm blade allows for a 66 mm depth of cut
- Bevel cut facility with 50 mm Max depth of cut at 45 degrees
- On-board laser for added cutting accuracy
- 【Powerful Motor】The 1400W 185mm copper circular saw has a speed of 5800 RPM, which can help you cut wood quickly.
- 【Adjustable cutting depth & Bevel Cutting】 Our electric circular saw can flexibly adjusted from 45° to 90°and max cutting is 65mm at 90°, 45mm at 45°; the parallel guide together helps to cut precisely, You can adjust not only the angle but also the depth of your cut freely
- 【 Soft grip & Dust Extraction】 ergonomic soft rubber grips give you a comfortable gripping;together with the front head, you will have firm handling and excellent cutting visibility; When you attach the hoover to the dust collection port you will find that your room will be clean
- Double safety trigger
- Removable dust nozzle
- Depth of cut at 90 degrees 57mm
Last update on 2024-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API