How to Choose the Best Circular Saw
How do you choose the best circular saw? What features and functions should the best circular saw have to fit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
A circular saw has a blade with 24 teeth and a diameter of 190 cm that rotates at over 5000 revolutions per minute.
By making a simple calculation, it is spinning at a speed of 200 kilometers per hour.
With such power you can cut any type of wood in two steps and three moves. For this reason, circular saws are the most popular tools when it comes to wood cutting.
Table of Contents
Best Circular Saw: What to Look for
Just like any other tool on the market, circular saws are found in a variety of models. The best circular saw allows for easy adjustment and perfect visibility of the cutting blade because if you can not see where you cut, you cannot cut too precisely.
The best circular saws have alignment accessories and cutting indicators to ensure perfect operation. Below you will find the criteria by which you can evaluate the best circular saw.
The best evaluation of a circular saw is its ability to allow various types of cuts. The types of cuts you can make depend on the saw’s ability to adjust for these.
For example, for bevel cutting you need a saw with an adjustable base that will allow you to cut at several different angles.
Other important features can be an adjustable handle or an electric brake that stops the blade when the power button is released. Each feature offers increased levels of safety and versatility and varies from product to product.
One of the most important elements of a circular saw is the possibility of adjusting the angle and depth of cutting. In this way, the circular saws are equipped with buttons or levers that allow these adjustments.
Levers are the best option, because adjustments are made quickly even during operation.
The best circular saw has to be easy to hold, easy to use and easy to adjust. Some models have design deficiencies and do not allow cutting accurately or at the desired angle.
Choose a well designed circular saw that gives you protection and ease of use starting with its handle and ending with the cutting guides.
Service and Warranty
Choose a circular saw made by a renowned brand to benefit from the best post-sale service.
Imagine that the chosen equipment is defective a few weeks after the purchase and the service unit fails to solve the problems in a timely manner. A well-known manufacturer with a well-established network of service units will help you faster and more efficiently than an unknown one.
Choose a circular saw with a minimum warranty of 24 months for your peace of mind. In addition, if you want to be extra cautious, you can also choose extended warranty service that can extend the warranty period for a few more years for a modest amount.
The circular saw has become very popular due to versatility and ease of use. You can easily use such a portable saw for cross cuts, canvas or deep cuts.
All you need to know before purchasing is what type of work you want to do, and if that tool will help you get to the end of it.
Recommended Circular Saws
Taking into account the above criteria and recommendations, studying the current market offer and user reviews, we present you below some models of electric circular saws that offer excellent quality/price ratio.
- Double safety trigger
- Removable dust nozzle
- High comfort grips
- 24 carbide tipped teeth provides efficient and fast run time, delivering a smooth cut finish of up to 55mm in depth
- Blade features an ultra thin kerf of 165mm designed for faster cutting
- Keyless bevel angle and depth of cut can be adjusted with the easy to read scale
- Powerful 1,400 W motor saws wood to a depth of 70 mm
- Compact design allows easy handling and operation
- Robust design for tough sawing applications
- Ergonomic handles and large controls for comfortable working
- Robust aluminium protective guard for maximum safety. Durable saw blade for precise cuts
- Easy saw blade changes due to spindle lock
- Versatile, compact circular saw
- Now with more power & a cutting depth up to 46mm
- Bevel capacity of 45
- Powerful 1200W input. Multiple bevel angle settings for joint cuts
- Sizeable 185mm TCT tip blade with 65mm maximum cutting depth
- No spindle wrench is needed to change blades (see image for instructions)
Last update on 2021-05-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API