How to Choose the Best Laptop Cooling Pad
How do you choose the best laptop cooling pad? What functions and features should the best laptop cooling pad have to fit your needs? Read our article to find out.
Table of Contents
Why Buy a Laptop Cooling Pad?
Most laptops are used for hours, either for games, work, homework or social networks. We all have a lot of time we do not recognize we spend on Facebook or Twitter. In this way, our laptops become demanded day by day and it is hard not to overheat them.
Typically, built-in cooling systems are hard to cope with, as proof of the hot part at the base of the notebook. The problem with overheating is that it can produce irreparable damage to your laptop over the medium and long term.
Fortunately, there is a simple and easy way to prevent your favourite laptop from overheating: the laptop cooling pad, a special support with extra cooling systems that will keep your favourite gadget cool.
Laptop cooling pads are similar to a mobile table but are smaller, lighter and more portable. Most have a thickness of up to 5 centimetres and have a slight slope to provide comfort in use. They can be used easily in the lap or directly on the table or desk.
The best laptop cooling pads use one or two fans to speed up hot air circulation and keep your laptop cool and functional.
Best Laptop Cooling Pad: What to Look for
The main purpose of a laptop cooling pad is to prevent the heating and keep your portable computer running in optimal conditions. There are some important aspects of a laptop cooling pad that you need to keep in mind when looking for the best one for you.
Cooling pads with two fans are more efficient than the ones equipped with just one fan. Two fans create better air circulation and keep the air and heat in a continuous motion. Some laptop cooling pads have adjustable fan speeds, but this feature is more a bonus than a necessity. Make sure the fan is not too noisy to avoid distracting you. A good cooling pad for your laptop does not have to make noise, and if it is still present, it must be very low, no more than 25 decibels.
Laptop cooling pads are powered by the USB port and must be compatible with any laptop, whether it’s a PC or a Mac. The laptop cooling stand should have a USB cable and the best one will also have cable storage space and extra USB ports.
You will have to choose the size of the cooling pad depending on the size of your laptop. Most models claim to be suitable for a 17-inch laptop, but generally the smaller 12-15 inches fit best.
Adjustable height is a useful function that contributes to the convenience of use but is not required for a perfect cooling pad. Once it’s seated on the cooler, your laptop needs to stay safe, so a docking method is essential, whether it’s a rubber coating, locking system or special material.
The best design is that that suits your personal needs. If you are the kind of person who uses the notebook more in the lap, you need a rigid cooler that still offers a high level of comfort. This will not be as important if you use the cooler on the table or desk.
The best laptop coolers are light and yet solid to be easy to carry and to work properly. Although high-grade plastics can make a good cooling pad, the most durable and reliable units are made of steel or aluminium.
Good design ensures efficient air circulation. A tilting or height-adjustable cooler allows the warm air to dissipate as far away from the laptop as possible. Additional space and breathable materials such as neoprene or a mesh or grill surface will help create a good air stream that will cool your laptop properly.
Service and warranty
Laptop coolers do not require advanced user consciousness. Insert the cable into the USB socket and it must start. If you still need help, most models are shipped with a minimum warranty of one year. As usual when making a purchase, make sure the manufacturer or retailer offers a service network that serves the area where you live.
If you’re going to use your laptop for many hours every day, a good cooling pad will keep it cool and functional for a long time now. Excessive heat can permanently damage the components of your favourite laptop. The best laptop cooling pad will not allow it to overheat and it will provide you with the peace of mind necessary to work or play without worry.
Best Laptop Cooling Pad: Recommendations
Taking into account the above recommendations and buyers’ opinions we recommend below some laptop cooling pads that offer excellent quality/price ratio.
- Super Performance - TeckNet laptop cooling pad with Triple oversized silent fans at 1200 RPM pull in cool air from the bottom of this laptop cooling pad. Full range metal mesh optimizes the air flow to rapidly dissipate the huge amount of heat generated in the laptop housing
- USB Powered Fan - 118mm fans and power switch design, ultra quiet and easy to use; No mains power connection needed.
- Ergonomic Comfort - 2 levels adjustable design to lift and tilt your notebook display and keyboard for increased comfort; Rubber grips at the bottom keep your laptop from sliding.
- ✅ AN INVESTMENT. This laptop cooler is an investment => no component overheating => maximises the life expectancy of your PC and boosts its performances. ✔ BONUS : Receive a free copy of the eBook: 7 tips to keep your computer alive and maximise its performance by email after your purchase.
- ✅ LARGE MODEL. Covers the following sizes: 11 11,3 12 13 14 15 15,6 16 inches. Compatible with the following sizes: 17,3 18 and 19 inches. With these sizes, the laptop will extend over the edges of the cooler pad but will remain perfectly stable. The KLIM Wind features 2 rear legs for an excellent inclination and frontal pegs to keep it in place. Both the laptop tray and the computer will stay completely still.
- ✅ THE MOST POWERFUL ON THE MARKET. With 4 quiet fans spinning up to 1200 rotations per minute. It's a high capacity laptop stand with the ability to cool your PC to reasonable temperatures in under a minute. These 4 fans allow for cooling of all the areas of your laptop.
- [Ultra-Portable]: Slim, portable, and light weight allowing you to protect your investment wherever you go.
- [Ergonomic Comfort]: Doubles as an ergonomic stand with two adjustable height settings.
- [Superior Cooling, Whisper Quiet]: Three large 110mm fans provide optimal air flow at barely audible levels.
- 🆒【Super Powerful and Quiet Cooling】Features five ultra-quiet fans provide optimal air flow, 4 fans at 2200 RPM + 1 fan at 1100 RPM, in addition to deep cooling for your computer and create a safe and noise-free environment, with eye-catching red LED lights which helps to confirm the laptop cooler is running.
- 🆒【Extra USB Ports】2 USB ports design, one is used for connecting laptop or power band to drive the cooler. The another USB 2.0 ports for data transmission or connecting other devices.
- 🆒【Dual Switch&Non-Slip Baffle Design】2 switches on the right side, you can adjust the wind speed, one of the switches controls 3 fans and the other switch controls 2 fans.Build with Non-Slip Baffle, you can insert baffle into the cooling pad front of the groove, effectively prevent laptop slipping off, suitable for any thickness of the notebook.
- TopMate laptop cooling pad has 5 fans, the four outer fans and the large center super strong wind fan.
- The notebook cooler has a unique design and adjustable tilting, 5 heights adjustment allow you to raise your viewing and typing experience, thus relieving the pain on your neck and back.
- There is a hinged flap that you can flip up to keep the laptop from sliding down towards you.
- Tecknet Laptop Cooling Pad with a metal mesh surface provides with a wear-resisting and stable laptop carrying surface and avoids overheating during long periods of gaming or browsing online
- 2 USB powered, 110mm fans with power switch design is so simple to use, no mains power connection needed. 2 extra USB ports for additional USB devices.
- Ultra-Portable: Slim, portable and lightweight, easy for you to carry around; LED indicator at the rear helps to confirm the cooler is active.
Last update on 2020-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API