How to Choose the Best Food Vacuum Sealer
How do you choose the best food vacuum sealer? What features and functions should the beat vacuum sealer have to fit your needs? Read our guide and make an informed choice.
A food vacuum sealer removes air from a food package to help preserve its freshness. Such a device allows you to buy food in large quantities, which you can seal and freeze to prevent waste.
Vacuum sealing of foods reduces the amount of oxygen in the pack, thus preventing the development of bacteria that cause the alteration of foods such as meat, vegetables or liquids.
In addition, vacuum sealing protects your food from dehydration and freeze burns and saves storage space, as vacuum packs occupy less space in the freezer or refrigerator.
You can use your food vacuum sealer and seal the marinated meat or to combine ingredients for fast preparation meals.
Table of Contents
The Best Food Vacuum Sealer: What to Look for
Vacuum sealer devices use a valve to seal the food in a special casserole, or use the traditional method of vacuuming in a plastic bag to keep the food fresh.
Several criteria you should consider when looking for the best vacuum sealer are its type, the accessories available, and the way it should be cared for and cleaned.
Types of Vacuum Sealers
Food vacuum sealers are of several types. Most models can be used on the kitchen counter without the need for special surfaces.
Food vacuum sealers can be powered from the mains or can be operated with batteries or accumulators. Some models can be portable and easy to carry for user convenience.
Some vacuum sealer also allows vacuuming of certain special containers (casserole, carafe, mug) for storing food. Simpler models only allow food to vacuumed only in special plastic bags.
Vacuum Sealers Accessories
For most models of vacuum sealers you will need to buy supplies and accessories. You will primarily need vacuum bags, and these must be compatible with your device model.
Some models use heat to seal bags and you will need to buy special heat-resistant bags. Other accessories are additional storage tanks and special hoses used for vacuuming.
Maintenance and Cleaning
Food vacuum sealers should be cleaned periodically, usually with warm water and antibacterial soap. It is recommended to clean the vacuum cleaner after each use to prevent the accumulation of bacteria over time. You can find all the cleaning procedures that are right for your appliance in its user manual.
If your chosen vacuum sealing appliance uses gaskets that need to be replaced, you will need to clean them every three months and change them every year. For appliances that use batteries or accumulators, you will need to periodically check their levels and load or replace them.
The best vacuum sealers offers you an easy way to keep your fruit, vegetables and fresh meat for extended periods of time. Whether you keep your food in a special container or in bags, both types will keep your food fresh for longer periods of time. This will allow you to save money in the long run and avoid food waste.
Recommended Food Vacuum Sealers
Using the above criteria, analyzing the market offer and taking into account the buyers’ opinions, we can present to you below some models of food vacuum cleaners that offer excellent quality / price ratio.
- Removes air to keep food fresh up to five times longer than conventional storage methods like zip seal bags, foil, cling film and containers. Also prevents freezer burn.
- Preserves food freshness and quality to reduce waste by up to 87% and help you save money on your weekly food bill
- Enables you to take advantage of food offers & multibuys without waste
- Reduce your fresh food waste by preserving its freshness for longer: helping you to save money on your weekly food bill
- Removes air and vacuum seals food to keep it fresh up to twice as long as conventional fridge storage methods like zip seal bags, foil, cling film and containers
- Take advantage of food offers, multi-buys and bigger pack sizes without waste – just store in your chosen portions in the fresh food vacuum containers or vacuum food bags
- 5 IN 1 VACUUM SEALER WITH ONE TOUCH OPERATION -- The Andrew James Professional Food Vacuum Sealer Machine lets seal a bag, or vacuum seal a bag or canister with normal or extended vacuum times.
- KEEP FOOD FRESHER FOR 5X LONGER -- Keep foods fresher for up to five times longer. This means that you can stock up at your weekly shop without worrying about food going off or spoiling before you have chance to use it.
- SAVE ON WASTE, TIME, MONEY & SPACE -- You can use the Vacuum Food Sealer to preserve your fresh ingredients until you are ready to use them or store prepared, frozen meals ready for reheating later.
- STRONG VACUUM ABILITY: The air pressure of vacuum is -40 Kpa / -60 Kpa. The vacuum pump has a strong ability to remove air: it takes only 6-10 seconds to seal each bag in the normal seal mode, 10-20 seconds in vacuum seal mode. The seal is 30 cm long, applicable for sealing length <30 cm. Can seal several bags at the same time. Very efficient and practical
- EASY TO USE: This sealing machine has three modes: "SEAL", "VAC SEAL" and "CANCEL / VAC". Press the "SEAL" button to only seal. Press the "VAC SEAL" button to make the vacuum seal. Press "CANCEL / VAC" to stop or continue the vacuum at any time. So you can control the degree of vacuum when sealing fragile foods such as chips, bread or eggs
- VERSATILE & KEEP FOOD FRESH: This vacuum sealer machine can seal dry or wet, soft or crispy foods, also can be used to store jewels, stamps, letters or valuable photographs, etc. Available for sealing bags, suitable rolls, containers, glass jars (by connecting a suction tube) (not included), fulfills various daily needs. Always keep food or valuable items away from dust, bacteria and moisture
Last update on 2020-06-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API