How to choose the best filter coffee maker
How do you choose the best filter coffee machine? What features and characteristics should the best filter coffee maker have? Read our guide an make an informed choice.
Coffee is one of the most appreciated and also the most consumed beverages in the world. There is no better way to revive the morning than a good cup of coffee.
This can be prepared in a variety of ways, starting from the classic kettle coffee preparation method to espresso coffee or coffee machine.
If you prefer long coffee or “Americano” as it is called, then the ideal appliance for making it is a filter coffee maker, also known as a coffee machine.
The filter coffee maker is the best choice for both hardcore coffee drinkers and occasional drinkers. Can prepare an important amount of good coffee quickly enough, and it is also ideal when you have visiting guests. What can be more enjoyable than just hang out with friends for a good cup of coffee?
Table of Contents
How do you choose the best filter coffee maker?
Although it may seem like a banal decision at first glance, buying a filter coffee maker is one things you should take seriously paying close attention to if you care about the quality of your coffee.
You need to take into account a number of factors to make sure you are making the right purchase.
It is ideal to choose a coffee machine with a capacity proportional to your daily coffee consumption. Capacity means the volume of the water tank and the container. Their capacity is generally between 1 litre and 2 litres.
You can find in the technical specifications of the coffee maker a capacity measurement according to the number of cups it produces in a cycle (from 8 to 12 or even 15 cups of coffee), but it is a rather vague criterion. Each producer considers a different size of the coffee cup.
A large, coffee-loving family will need a coffee machine with a maximum capacity of over 1.5 liters. For a couple or a single person even one with a minimum capacity of 1 liter may be enough.
The functions of a coffee maker can be divided into two categories: basic functions and convenience functions.
First of all, it is good that the purchased coffee filter be equipped with a water filter. Apparatus with such equipment prepares a more aromatic coffee and limescale deposits are prevented.
Another important aspect is choosing a coffee machine either with a hot plate or with insulated jug. So the coffee will stay warm and fresh longer.
When it comes to life easing functions, these can be of a variety of ways: built-in timer, delayed programming function, water quantity control, sound alerts and various sensors.
A built-in coffee grinder allows you to use coffee beans. So the coffee will always be freshly grind. In addition to a much better flavour, you save some money, as coffee beans are generally cheaper.
Delayed programming is perhaps the most useful feature that can exist in a coffee machine. This allows the machine to be programmed after a pre-set schedule to prepare the coffee with a delay of up to 24 hours. Devices with such a function usually have sound alerts that warn you when the coffee is ready.
Filter coffee makers that allows you to adjust the amount of water, helps you prepare a coffee as close as possible to your taste. Depending on how you like it, short, long or intense, you can program the machine to prepare it exactly.
This anti-drip system is extremely useful and has a great plus for the coffee makers that have it. This allows the coffee pot to be removed even during its preparation without splashing with water. The coffee is automatically shut off by a valve preventing the coffee machine from getting dirty as little as possible.
The system is especially useful when you have a large capacity appliance and do not have the patience that the machine will finish preparing its maximum coffee capacity.
By far the most important accessory of a coffee maker is the pot or carafe as it is generically called.
As I said in the above lines, it would be important for it to be thermally insulated. It is generally made of glass and has a heat-insulating handle, but it can also be made of stainless steel, which is much better because of its thermal insulation properties.
If the carafe has a lid, it keeps the coffee flavor and keeps it warm for a longer period of time.
The validity of the coffee machine’s warranty certificate begins from 1 year and may even reach up to 5 years. Choose a coffee maker produced by a renowned brand. So you have a minimum guarantee of quality and good service in case of trouble.
Consumables and spare parts are another important issue that you need to pay attention to. Be sure the spare parts are available on the market in the event of a breakdown and at the consumables make sure you can use “universal” supplies and do not require the purchase of supplies sold by the coffee maker alone.
Other things to consider are the design and length of the power cord. The latter generally has a length of between 1 and 2 meters. Ideal would be an acquisition that suits your needs. Keep in mind the space where you will put the coffee maker, the kitchen dimensions and the distance from the electrical outlet.
In terms of design, you can choose between a simplistic classic design and an attractive modern design. There are coffee machines with the shape and colors pleasing to the eye, but a top design will take more money out of your pocket. It remains at your latitude whether this is an important aspect or not.
Weight well all the information provided and make the correct purchase!
Best filter coffee machines
In the following section, we have chosen for you, using the criteria described above, some products that offer excellent quality / price ratio.
- Pour over technology shower head to create a fuller flavour
- The permanent filter is easy to clean and no need to buy filter papers
- The Heat resistant glass carafe and hotplate allows you to keep your coffee warm
- The advanced showerhead technology ensures flavour is fully extracted from your coffee grains, dissolving the maximum amount of coffee and giving you great taste every time
- Eliminate the need to buy costly paper filters as this coffee machine has a permanent filter that can be removed and washed, however filter paper can still be used if you prefer
- Make up to ten cups of coffee at once with a 1.25 Litre capacity glass carafe or choose to set your coffee maker to brew only one, two or three cups. Comes with Water level indicator, Pause and Pour and Auto clean features
- ☕【Programmable Timer】 Do you need a coffee but no time to wait? Now you can wake up in the smell of coffee, Yabano programmable coffee machine is your best chose, it can be started the coffee machine 8 minutes before you wake up.
- ☕【Adjustable Mode】Precise control to achieve the best taste, Non-stick Warming Plate can keep the coffee warm for more than 40 minutes. Auto shut-off function can ensure the safety of your home if you go out and forget to turn off the coffee maker.
- ☕【Ultra-resistant glass carafe】 Yabano drip coffee machine with the ultra-resistant glass carafe contains up to 12 cups of coffee to meet the needs of your family，it equipped with a comfortable non-slip handle to pour easily and without dripping.
- 1.5L LARGE CAPACITY - Glass carafe with 1.5 L capacity, this allows you to brew a large amount of coffee up to full 12 cups, or choose two or four at a time. It has an easy-grip handle for comfortable, dripless pouring. The cup is made of high-quality glass, which allows you to keep the temperature of coffee for a long time.
- AUTOMATIC SHUT-OFF, BOIL-DRY PROTECTION - The coffee maker has two safety turn-off functions. The automatic turn-off function comes into action when the maker has been left for more than 40 minutes. The maker will also turn off when the water level is extremely low, and all water has completely dried up. It saves your appliance and kettle from getting damaged. Easy-View Water Window shows the amount of water in the reservoir for accurate filling.
- 30 SECOND ANTI-DRIP FUNCTION - The 30 Second Anti-drip function will enable you to pause in between and brew the coffee. The anti-drip feature allows carefree pouring of liquids without spills keeping your kitchen and the work surfaces mess-free. The advance technology ensures flavour is fully extracted from your coffee grains, dissolving the maximum amount of coffee and giving you great taste every time.
- The ideal coffee maker for smooth flavour-rich coffee, Transparent 1.25 L water tank, Easy-to-read front-facing water level indicator for 10 large cups (125ml) or 15 small cups (85ml)
- Exceptional taste: optimal temperature preparation, Keeps coffee warm for 40 minutes, Borosilicate glass jug, Stainless steel panels on removable filter and jug handle
- Anti-drip system, Compatible with 1 x 4 filters, Jug with cup level indicator, Compact design, Base with integrated storage compartment for cable
- Programmable timer that allows you to wake up to a fresh coffee
- Pour over technology shower head to create a fuller flavour
- Reusable permanent cupcake filter to create a smoother flavour
Last update on 2021-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API