Table of Contents
Choosing the perfect dishwasher for your needs is not an easy task. What to look for when choosing the best dishwasher for your home? What functions and features to look for? Our easy to read shopping guide will help you to make an informed decision.
The dishwasher probably gets rid of the most unpleasant task in the kitchen, namely washing the dishes.
Dishwashers can be of three types: installed, semi-installed or freestanding dishwashers. Types that are then divided into two categories: compact dishwashers and large dishwashers.
Large dishwashers can have a capacity of 120 to 150 dishes. They have a width of approximately 60 cm, being rather bulky.
Compact dishwashers can also wash up to 100 plates, noting that they have a smaller size, approximately 45 cm in width.
Top 3 Recommended Best Dishwashers
How to Choose a Perfect Dishwasher
Let’s start by reviewing the three types of dishwashers available on the market.
Types of Dishwashers
The built-in dishwasher integrates perfectly into your kitchen furniture and is completely hidden, making it visible only when the door is opened. Generally, on the door of the dishwasher a panel identical to the rest of the furniture is applied, thus providing a total masking.
The semi-built-in dishwasher is also easily integrated into the furniture but only partially, the front and the control panel remain visible.
The independent dishwasher, as the name says, is independent of the kitchen furniture, it is necessary to find a special place for it, which can be a great inconvenience unlike the other two types of dishwashers.
The interior material of the dishwasher varies depending on the model. The inside of the dishwasher can be made of stainless steel or plastic of different colors. Personally I recommend gray, it is more resistant to greasy stains and scratches.
If budget allows, however, it is better to choose a stainless steel dishwasher that has a very long lifespan and resist both scratches and greasy stains.
The capacity of the dishwasher is very important when you choose it. Keep in mind the number of family members when looking to buy a dishwasher.
Typically, the capacity varies from 4 to 15 sets of plates depending on the type of machine.
Drawers or baskets of the dishwasher can offer greater flexibility if they are mobile. Ideal is to be adjustable allowing for a more efficient organization of space and the introduction of larger objects in the dishwasher, such as pots or pans.
For tableware there must also be a special space in the dishwasher basket, with a separator that provides a fixed position for each cutlery, washing them more efficiently.
Functions and Features
Let’s talk about the functionality and features of the dishwashers.
Some dishwashers have an incredible number of functions, while on some models we only have to thank the basic functions. The more functions, the better and faster the dishwasher will wash. It is best to relate to the needs you have when “weighing” the functions of a dishwasher for the purpose of purchase.
The touch screen or touch control panel are equiped on some models of dishwashers. Controls may be hidden, generally placed on the edge of the door.
The turbidity or dirt sensor as it is called, regulates the duration of the washing and the water consumption depending on how clean the waste water is. It is an important function, providing the dishwasher with greater efficacy. The consumption of water and electricity is thus much reduced while washing will be perfect. The function may take different names depending on the manufacturer.
Rinsing function enables a rinse prior to a complete washing cycle. So you can expect the volume of the pots to grow to run a full cycle without the grease or stains on the pots getting tough or the unpleasant smells to spread.
Timer is a function that allows the machine to program the wash in the desired time. Most dishwashers feature this timer function. The dishwashing can be programmed even 24 hours later. The timer can prove useful to those who do not spend much time at home but want to find freshly washed dishes when they come. Also, the timing function greatly reduces costs along with a convenient timing schedule.
The Half Load option is useful in situations where the dishwasher is not loaded at full capacity but you urgently need the dishes to be washed. This will run a full wash cycle.
The water recovery function is a system by which the last rinse water is stored and used at the next pre-heating. Such a function greatly reduces water consumption.
In addition to the functions explained above, dishwashers can also have many others such as: variable pressure washer technology, temperature setting, indoor lighting system, control panel lock function, detergent dosage systems, etc. How useful all these systems are at the discretion of each individual according to their needs.
Washing programs should be an important part of your purchase decision for a dishwasher.
Even the simplest dishwashers have a minimum of three programs, namely: light wash, medium wash and intense washing. Generally, the three washing programs should meet the family’s practical needs.
However, if you are pretentious you can opt for a washing machine with several functions such as: disinfection, steam washing, rapid washing or washing of crystal vessels.
A quality dishwasher can have more than 10 washing programs. Keep in mind that a dishwasher equipped with more programs will increase the price of the appliance.
Filters and Cleaning
The dishwasher filter is an important part of the appliance to which you must pay attention. Filters are the ones that prevent food debris from resting on dishes or flooding the dishwasher. Filters can be self-cleaning or manual cleaning.
Filters with manual cleaning are basically a set of plastic or stainless steel sieves. This type of filters should be cleaned frequently. Cleaning is not difficult at all, it can be done in just a few minutes.
Self-cleaning filters are automatic filters that do not require your intervention, cleaning themselves. Automatic filters are generally built in the style of a razor-like device that reduces the food residue in the filter to be discharged along with dirty water at the end of the wash. The big disadvantage of this type of filters is that it increases the noise level of the dishwasher.
The noise level of the dishwasher is a criterion to consider if you have a pretentious family. The noise produced by a dishwasher should be somewhere between 39 and 55 decibels, depending on the model.
If you can not find a model that will please you from the point of view of the noise level, be careful not to miss the timer function, so you can schedule the wash in the hours when there is no one at home.
These are the main criteria to consider when purchasing a dishwasher. Take into account your needs, the needs of your family or flat mates and make a good and informed choice.
Taking into account the advice in this article and also the opinions of other customers, we chose for you some dishwasher models that offer excellent quality / price ratio. You can find them below.
- 【13 Place Settings】fitting up to 143 items in one load, making it ideal for medium-sized households
- 【Environmental Friendly】Eco programme helps to saves energy, water and money
- 【Flexible Interior】allowing you to reconfigure to your needs.
- Quick Programmes - Ideal for when you’re in a hurry, our Mini 30 programme can wash a full load of lightly soiled dishes in just 30 minutes, for dirtier items, our Quick and Shine programme will only take 58 minutes to wash a full load – saving you time and money
- Half Load Function - Ideal for days when you have fewer dishes and glasses to wash, use the half load function to save time and energy
- 13 Place Setting Capacity - Ideal for a larger families everyday needs, the large 13 place setting capacity means you can wash all your dishes, even bigger items, in one go
- 60 Minute Express Wash - ideal for smaller loads such as cups and cutlery, as it will put them through a complete washing and drying cycle within just 60 minutes.
- A do-it-all dishwasher that's kinder on your bills - This model is brimming with ways to make after-meal cleaning a breeze. With room for 13 place settings, you can wash all your dishes at once.
- Ice Blue LED Handles - We've upped the style stakes with these attention-grabbing Ice Blue LED Handles. As well as being uber stylish, they show you when the dishwasher is on so you don't open it mid-cycle.
- Easy to Use - The 13 place dishwasher display has been designed with easy visuals, set your delay timer for up to 8 hours and see the LED light illuminate across the panel or simply push the button to child lock the door.
- Save Energy - A great function with this white dishwasher is the half load option when choosing your cleaning cycle. A sustainable way of saving energy and not washing a half empty load.
- Multiple Wash Cycles - This dishwasher has many cycles which have been limited to a good duration of minutes, saving energy and saving time is a suitable option when it comes to cleaning your dirty dishes.
- 12 PLACE SETTINGS – This sleek in-built dishwasher is designed to fit seamlessly into your kitchen, with space for 12 place settings (12 dinner plates, 12 sets of cutlery, 12 cups, etc) it’s the perfect size for families
- ENERGY EFFICIENT – With an impressive A+++ for energy efficiency and a new energy rating D, to save you money on your energy bills
- EASY TO USE - Featuring 6 easy to use programmes, 5 temperatures and a delay timer setting, it also has a handy half load function to save water giving you all the flexibility you need
- This integrated dishwasher does not include the door panel and handle, which need to be prepared according to the style of your cupboard. This full-size dishwasher has adjustable feet, and its maximum adjustment height is 50mm
- 【12 Place Settings Dishwasher】Dimesnions are H815 mm, W598 mm D550 mm (H*W*D), providing a spacious and flexible interior for maximum dishware loading; It's also has been considerately designed to accommodate larger plates, pots & pans up to 300mm in diameter
- 【IOT Function】With the handy MSmartHome app control you can plan, start & pause a wash cycle from your phone, it also notifies you when the salt & rinse aid are low & provides water & electricity usage reports
- 【44dB Whisper Quiet】 COMFEE' Silent-Tech suppresses dishwasher noise to under 44dB, so you can run the dishwasher whenever you need, as noise is kept to a minimum
- 【Auto-Open Drying】Never worry about damp dishes again with COMFEE' Auto-Open Drying function. Auto-Open helps moisture escape quickly, for an improved & efficient drying performance
- 【Intuitive Operation】The simple and intuitive digital display shows you, at a glance, the remaining cycle time, selected settings and program progress
- H:850mm x W:600mm x D:590mm
- Push & Go
Last update on 2024-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API