How to choose the best microwave oven for your kitchen
Choosing the best microwave oven according to your needs is an important task, whether it is used only to heat the food, to thaw the meat or to make popcorn during movie evenings with friends, is an indispensable electric appliance for any kitchen.
A microwave oven offers a lot more advantages than disadvantages, such as the fact that you can heat or cook food fast, which is not possible with a classic oven or you can warm water, milk, tea, coffee etc. just as quickly.
A disadvantage of microwave ovens would be that excessive use can damage health, but this is not an impediment to anyone buying such an appliance. Many of us do not know what to follow and what are the criteria to consider when choosing the ideal microwave oven.
Table of Contents
How to choose the best microwave oven
The design and dimensions of the microwave oven
Microwave ovens start from the smallest and most compact models to large ovens, even 50L in capcity, whether or not they are built-in. Choose the volume and size of both a function of the space available to mount the appliance and the amount of food it fills up.
It is important to relate to your needs when choosing dimensions and kitchen furniture when choosing your design. The microwave as well as the other appliances should be integrated into the aesthetic image of the kitchen.
The color range from which you can choose a microwave oven is quite wide, from white, beige, gray to black or even matte or glossy stainless.
Built-in or standalone?
This is a question to ask when it comes to purchasing a microwave oven. Keep in mind that the independent ones are generally compact, small in size, while the built-in microwave ovens are much larger, more performing and much more functional.
Also the price of a built-in oven is up to it’s performance. For those who are really passionate about cooking, who spend a lot of time in the kitchen, a built-in microwave oven can be a good idea. For a normal user, however, a built-in microwave oven would be too big of an investment and useless enough from my point of view.
Functions and number of programs
Not all microwave ovens have the same functions and programs, which is why you would like to make a small list where you can write down the functions or cooking programs that would best suit your everyday needs.
Ideal would be to find a model that includes all the features on your list. If you are not the type who cooks too much and uses the oven just to warm your milk in the morning and to reheat your food, then the additional functions and programs will not matter much, so you it’s better if you choose an microwave oven with fewer features and a better price.
The simplest microwave ovens do not offer many functions, but the top range comes with functions such as steam cooking, rotisserie, grill function or Crisp function to cook crispy or crusty food.
The price of the microwave oven
The price of a microwave is the criterion that may have to go first. Estimate a budget from the beginning, so you will avoid looking at oven models that you can not afford. Prices for a microwave come from just under 100 lei if you find a good offer and can reach up to several thousand lei.
Brand is not a factor taken into account by many people when purchasing a microwave oven. A big mistake!
Although the well-known brands have higher prices, their service and warranty will be much better compared to a no-name brand. The manufacturing company also gives the product quality. So look for a microwave oven manufactured by a renowned company.
These would be broadly the tips to keep in mind when choosing the best microwave oven. Pass the information through your own filter, adapt to your needs and needs and choose the perfect microwave for you!
Recommended microwave ovens
Taking into account the criteria listed above, we recommend the following products offering excellent quality / price ratio.
- Adjustable Power Levels & Time: This 800w microwave offers 5 power settings and a manual timer going up to 35 minutes, allowing you to defrost, reheat, and cook according to your unique needs
- Comfortable Capacity: This 20L microwave offers good capacity perfect for standard dinner plates, contained within a compact size (Exterior 44x32.5x25.8cm, Interior 30.6x30.4x20.6cm (WxDxH))
- Low-Noise Operation: This solo microwave is exceptionally quiet during use, great for new parents who want to let their baby sleep
- MIRRORED FINISH - The Russell Hobbs RHM2076B features a sleek black body and contemporary mirror door finish
- EASY CLEAN – With a wipeable painted interior and removable glass turntable which is dishwasher safe, it’s super easy to keep clean
- SPECIAL FEATURES - Additional features include pre-programmed auto cook menus such as pizza, fish and popcorn, allowing you to cook at the push of a button
- 20L capacity
- 800W High Power Microwave
- 9 Auto Programmes to help you easily and quickly cook foods such as jacket potatoes, pastry, chilled meal, frozen meal and more
- Combination Cooking: This combination microwave oven is great for grilling, as well as standard microwave jobs. Convection microwaves heat food from the inside out, retaining moisture and flavour
- Position Memory Turntable: Innovative position-memory tech resets the turntable to the initial position after cooking - keep mug handles within reach and avoid burnt fingers!
- Handy Features: Defrost by weight, express cooking, child safety lock, and kitchen timer makes this a great combination microwave oven for busy kitchens
- Stylish 800 watt solo microwave oven: With a compact 20 litre capacity & a turntable inside, complete with 5 levels of cooking power
- Features: Manual control panel with an adjustable timer up to 35 minutes, helping you ensure your food is cooked ideally, plus a defrost setting
- Modern silver handle-less design: Complemented by a black door window & control panel plus silver-tone dials
- 5 Power Levels: This microwave's power levels makes it great for a broad range of heating jobs, whether you're softening ice cream or getting leftovers piping hot
- Handy Features: This 20L microwave oven features a user-friendly control panel, interior light, clock & kitchen timer
- Easy Defrost Function: Start defrosting by weight/time with just one touch of a button, saving precious time when you're in a rush!
Last update on 2022-08-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API