How to choose the best microwave oven for your kitchen
Choosing the best microwave oven according to your needs is an important task, whether it is used only to heat the food, to thaw the meat or to make popcorn during movie evenings with friends, is an indispensable electric appliance for any kitchen.
A microwave oven offers a lot more advantages than disadvantages, such as the fact that you can heat or cook food fast, which is not possible with a classic oven or you can warm water, milk, tea, coffee etc. just as quickly.
A disadvantage of microwave ovens would be that excessive use can damage health, but this is not an impediment to anyone buying such an appliance. Many of us do not know what to follow and what are the criteria to consider when choosing the ideal microwave oven.
Table of Contents
How to choose the best microwave oven
The design and dimensions of the microwave oven
Microwave ovens start from the smallest and most compact models to large ovens, even 50L in capcity, whether or not they are built-in. Choose the volume and size of both a function of the space available to mount the appliance and the amount of food it fills up.
It is important to relate to your needs when choosing dimensions and kitchen furniture when choosing your design. The microwave as well as the other appliances should be integrated into the aesthetic image of the kitchen.
The color range from which you can choose a microwave oven is quite wide, from white, beige, gray to black or even matte or glossy stainless.
Built-in or standalone?
This is a question to ask when it comes to purchasing a microwave oven. Keep in mind that the independent ones are generally compact, small in size, while the built-in microwave ovens are much larger, more performing and much more functional.
Also the price of a built-in oven is up to it’t performance. For those who are really passionate about cooking, who spend a lot of time in the kitchen, a built-in microwave oven can be a good idea. For a normal user, however, a built-in microwave oven would be too big of an investment and useless enough from my point of view.
Functions and number of programs
Not all microwave ovens have the same functions and programs, which is why you would like to make a small list where you can write down the functions or cooking programs that would best suit your everyday needs.
Ideal would be to find a model that includes all the features on your list. If you are not the type who cooks too much and uses the oven just to warm your milk in the morning and to reheat your food, then the additional functions and programs will not matter much, so you it’s better if you choose an microwave oven with fewer features and a better price.
The simplest microwave ovens do not offer many functions, but the top range comes with functions such as steam cooking, rotisserie, grill function or Crisp function to cook crispy or crusty food.
The price of the microwave oven
The price of a microwave is the criterion that may have to go first. Estimate a budget from the beginning, so you will avoid looking at oven models that you can not afford. Prices for a microwave come from just under 100 lei if you find a good offer and can reach up to several thousand lei.
Brand is not a factor taken into account by many people when purchasing a microwave oven. A big mistake!
Although the well-known brands have higher prices, their service and warranty will be much better compared to a no-name brand. The manufacturing company also gives the product quality. So look for a microwave oven manufactured by a renowned company.
These would be broadly the tips to keep in mind when choosing the best microwave oven. Pass the information through your own filter, adapt to your needs and needs and choose the perfect microwave for you!
Recommended microwave ovens
Taking into account the criteria listed above, we recommend the following products offering excellent quality / price ratio.
- The RHM1714B is a practical and stylish everyday microwave. This model has a silver mirror finish door and black housing
- The RHM1714B offers 700W power output, a 17L capacity and is easy to use with its button and dial operating system
- Amongst it's features this microwave offers; Auto Cook options, 5 power levels, weight defrost settings & a digital clock/timer display
- The glass turntable is 24.5cm in diameter & is easy to clean
- Our customer service team are available to assist with any queries you may have regarding this product on our customer helpline
- This Russell Hobbs stainless steel microwave has a modern and sleek design with a mirrored door to add style to your home.
- Not only does this microwave look great, it also has incredible features to make cooking your favourites quick and easy.
- With 8 auto cook menus, food will be perfectly cooked at the touch of a button whilst the 5 power levels give you control over your cooking
- With a 23 litre capacity, the RHM2364SS is perfect for a family home, comfortably fitting an average sized dinner plate.
- What's more, the microwave plate is removable and dishwasher safe for a microwave that is consistently clean.
- Large capacity 23L Ceramic enamel interior that is easy to clean. The anti-bacterial and scratch-resistant interior is made to last.
- Triple Distribution System - meaning a more even and effective distribution of heat. Easytronics dial control
- Ice blue LED display.
- Solo Microwave (MS23F301EAK)
- The compact RHMM701 is ideal for cooking a variety of meals in minutes. 30 minute timer and the dimensions of the product are 25.6cm x 45.1cm x 32.6cm
- Once you have prepared the microwave for use, place food in suitable cookware, open the door and position onto the turntable
- When the cooking cycle has finished the microwave has a ringer function that will sound to alert you
- Tailor cooking to suit the recipe using the 5 power levels available. For added functionality, there's also a defrost setting
- Easy to clean, simply wipe with a damp cloth to maintain excellent performance
- 800W microwave oven for speedy reheat
- Easy to use touch control
- 8 Auto Menu options to simplify cooking. 5 Power Levels
- 43.9W x 25.7H x 35.8D cm
- Easy to read LED display