How to choose the best meat grinder
Which meat grinder is the best? What functions and characteristics must it have, and, what should you be careful about before buying one. Read our article for more information and advice.
An electric meat grinder is a essential tool for each and every chef, wether amateur or professional. Although it is basically being used for cutting meat, the meat grinder can be multifunctional and can shred up many other things, including fruits and vegetables.
Among the main benefits that the best meat grinder brings is the little effort put down to shred everything you need and the accessories it comes with, which help you in many other operations. The time used for these operations is also low, so its benefits are quite high.
When choosing a meat grinder, you can either choose a mechanical one, or an electric one. Obviously, the electric one is more performing, it has a lot of options and it will give you much less headaches in every operation you do.
Table of Contents
How do you choose the best meat grinder
The market is very rich when it comes to meat grinder deals, so when you decide on buying such a tool, you have to take a lot of criteria into account. Assuming you chose to buy an electric meat grinder, you need to keep in mind the following things.
This is expressed in Watts and is very important. The higher the power, the faster the meat grinder will be and will be easier to use. Higher power does not automatically mean more power consumption. A low power meat grinder can consume more energy because the chopping process may take longer. For this reason, you have to choose the most powerful meat grinder available.
You can opt for large size, medium size or small fine size meat grinder. This determines the size of the meat pieces after they have been chopped. Most meat grinders, however, offer more than a one option for several sizes.
The accessories it comes equipped with
The more accessories, the better, because it will give you more possibilities. The meat grinder can come with accessories for cutting sausages, tomatoes, vegetables or special accessories for shredding cake ingredients.
The materials it is made from
This is a very important element, because the quality of the knives, sieves and other components overall can affect the machine’s life time.
Chopping capacity and reverse function
The chopping capacity will determine the exact amount of food you can roll and the reverse function is very useful when the machine is blocked because you can pull out the food from the top.
Speed of operation
You can choose a single-speed meat grinder, ranging from 500 to 600 W, or you can choose one with a higher power, which usually offers two chopping steps, each of which has different intensities. The higher power helps you save both time and energy, as rotations are caused by an engine rather than by mechanical force, so there is no need to intervene in the process of chopping.
One of the aspects that help guide every buyer, the price can be a decision maker when choosing a meat grinder. Even if it is an extremely important aspect, it sets out exactly all the criteria that you want your grinder to fulfill, then finds all the meat grinders which fit these criteria.
Choose the lowest-priced machine which gives you the highest confidence, both in terms of reviews from the internet and from the point of view of the producing company. A well-known brand offers more quality guarantees and benefits.
Recommended meat grinders
Taking all the above mentioned criteria into account, we can recommend a few models of meat grinders with the best quality / price / functionality ratio.
- Multi-function : Versatile and multi-function meat grinder for making stuffing and filling.meat mincer with 3 different cutting accessories for coarse, medium, fine grinds of meat.
- Powerful : 1200W peak output (1.608HP) rated motor.Detachable tube, screw - With 0.75" Sausage Attachment & Kubbe Attachment for making stuffed meat dishes.
- Reverse Function : In case of jamming switch off the appliance by pressing the ON/0/R switch to "R" position.Snake will be rotating in the opposite direction, and the head will get empty.
- Home Made sausage maker
- The sausage maker comes with three funnels for making a variety of different sizes sausages
- Size are 15mm, 19mm and 22mm with a capacity of 1kg / 2lbs
- Ideal for making your own mince from prime cuts of meat
- Create tasty bolognese, meatballs, lasagne, beef burgers, sausages and shepherd's pie
- Includes three discs for different sized mincing, a sausage making attachment and screw clamp fittings for a secure hold whilst in use
- Ditch expensive, processed supermarket food! Turn prime cuts of meat into healthy mince for your favourite dishes
- Made of food-grade plastic, with 2 stainless steel blades for fast, effective mincing. No risk of rust, discolouration or metal odours
- Safe and simple to use. Just cut your food into chunks, and feed into the mincer with the safety pusher. The sharp blades do the rest
- Meat grinder
- Includes sausage maker and kebbe maker adaptor
- 3 screens; coarse medium and fine
Last update on 2018-07-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API